44 coaches online • Server time: 12:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: May 01, 2011 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

In this match:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3151849

My chainsaw player kicked back, rolled a 4 (+3=7). The character's AV was 8, and he went prone.

From the CRP (version I have):
A player armed with a chainsaw must attack with it instead of making a block as part of a Block or Blitz Action. When the chainsaw is used to make an attack, roll a D6 instead of the Block dice. On a roll of 2 or more the chainsaw hits the opposing player, but on a roll of 1 it ‘kicks back’ and hits the wielder instead! Make an Armour roll for the player hit by the chainsaw, adding 3 to the score. If the roll beats the victim’s Armour value then the victim is Knocked Down and injured – roll on the Injury table. If the roll fails to beat the victim’s Armour value then the attack has no effect. A player armed with a chainsaw may take a Foul Action, and adds 3 to the Armour roll, but must roll for kick back as described above. A running chainsaw is a dangerous thing to carry around, and so if a player holding a chainsaw is Knocked Down for any reason, the opposing coach is allowed to add 3 to his Armour roll to see if the player was injured. However blocking a player with a chainsaw is equally dangerous, if an opponent knocks himself over when blocking the chainsaw player then add 3 to his Armour roll. This skill may only be used once per turn (i.e. cannot be used with Frenzy or Multiple Block) and if used as part of a Blitz Action, the player cannot continue moving after using it. Casualties caused by a chainsaw player do not count for Star Player points.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: May 01, 2011 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My version is the same. The critical part is:

On a kickback it "hits" the wielder instead.
Next sentence: roll Armour against the "hit" player and KD if armour breaks.

Nothing I can see to say he should go down automatically on a kickback.