19 coaches online • Server time: 07:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I'm hoping to be able to start a 2 conference league soon, if anyone is interested in playing or helping mail me (addy in profile).

My thoughts are to make it a relaxed and fun contest, with a good mix of teams (so it'll be Div X) and a not too strict schedule (2-4 games a month max). 10-20 teams would be good, but the structure will depend on the number of coaches interested.
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you gotta start with brand new team or not? i think brand new teams would be good! What format would it be, by league im guessing a sortof football style league? well i dont mind helping out and taking part! Count me in!
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, for starters :-

2 Conferences, each team plays the other teams in it's conference, once, maybe twice. 3 pts for win, 1 for draw, 0 for loss, TD diff seperates teams on equal points.Top 2 from each Conf play off and winners proceed to fianl. May vary depending on numbers. If someone is willing to be a Co-commish we could do a conf each.

Yeah, new teams all round would be best, and I must stress that a good mix of varied teams is what I am looking for. I think the aim should be to create a fun but competetive league, which should give your games meaning and a perhaps a slight edge. So no power gamers! Wink

Post here as well if your interested, I'll create a usergroup if I get a few replies.
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill do a conferance if you want, i think about roughly 10-20 in a conferance depending on replies! Maybe new teams in one conferance and high ones in another and people can choose which to go to! again all depends on replies! well im on standard GMT and im on from bout 6:15 - 11:00 week nights, and weekends im on pretty much all the time unless im going out some where! Well PM me if you want to! cyas!
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

new teams in one, and high in the other wouldnt work, then the high teams would just thrash the new teams in the final, new teams all round.

how about a list on this thread of which coaches have expressed an interest so far, or create a group, and anyone interested applies for membership with a brand new divx team
WhiteElephants

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested though the time I'm available varies. Mostly 1130pm+ EST. PM me if you feel the need. Thanks.
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, have to be new teams. I'm reckoning on a fixture list of 3 games per month, may up it if everyone feels they can manage more.

So, so far :-

TamperMagnitude
SpikedDaemon
PhilMan
WhiteElephants

Well, it's a start Wink
ogopogo

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

im interested... league... etc... lol
ogopogo

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

count me in, definately, but il def come last or sumtin
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

well, im getting my friends interested into it, so thats 2or 3 more and ill go onto chat later and get some people onto it! we can use this thread to keep track of people joinging!! How many are we going to need roughly?? cause 10 to a group is nice, 15 is ideal and 20 is to much i think but i dont know what you had in mind??
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

well, im getting my friends interested into it, so thats 2or 3 more and ill go onto chat later and get some people onto it! we can use this thread to keep track of people joinging!! How many are we going to need roughly?? cause 10 to a group is nice, 15 is ideal and 20 is to much i think but i dont know what you had in mind??
Chappy

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in.........is there going to be a set schedule or play whoever to get your games in?
armchairwarrior

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm game
erwinhightrain

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I would definately be in to this I have three divx teams that are fresh out of the box and would be willing to put one in this league
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Right yeh lots of people! well there is a group which i cant remember for the life of me the name of! so hopefully Tamper will put it in this thread! but there is a limit on certain teams to keep a balance! there will be a set scheduale for the games, however it will be lose so it would be "play this guy sometimes this fornight" or something similar! If you could join the group its something like Wasteland something (Usless arent I! Ah give me a break its 12 at night!) that would be good if not Your team and race on this thread please! so far we got

TamperMagnitude
SpikedDaemon
PhilMan
WhiteElephants
OgoPogo
Chappy
Armchairwarrior
erwinhightrain (please get an easier spelt abreviation lol)

So thats 8 right we need at least 16 so guys tell your friend let the word spread!
 Jump to: