20 coaches online • Server time: 08:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me up.

Suggestions: 2 conferences, 2 divisions in each conferance. Everyone plays thier division twice, thier conferance once, and half the people in the opposite conference. (or half of each opposite divison). Of course this leads to a scheduling nightmare, but if you have the time. Wink

Asperon Thorn
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

its the first 20 teams to get into the ''Wastelands Superleague'' group, to apply, create a brand new divx team, and apply to join the group, remember, its first come, first served, at this moment in time we have 16 teams, so only 4 places left

teams left to be admitted:

Goblins
Halflings
Undead
Chaos Dwarf
Vampire

Last edited by PhilMan on %b %31, %2003 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats actually similar to the plan i've devised. Two divisions, 2 Conferences of 5 teams in each. You play everyone in your Division once, then 1 team from the other Division. Top team from each Conf goes thru to the Semi's.

We've got 3 slots left, I would like some brave coaches willing to take stunty teams. I've got someone who will take a stunty team, provided someone else does. Any takers?
Bostream

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in, but im on CET (centeral european time) but what the hell i can alwas set the alarm if i have a game to play, (my orcs shall out pass all Elven teams).

//Bostream
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

BIG JUMPY POOOOOOS!!!
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, does that mean that the list of available teams on the group list is incorrect?

Did I just spend the last hour fighting with the site to make a team that won't be admitted?

Asperon Thorn
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

all the slots in the league have now been taken, so no more applicants will be accepted, sorry, but you were too late, and SpIkEd, stop spamming

"Best Bar in This Street"
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo Phil sooooo scary! ehheheheheeeeeee! ahehm yeh i was gonna say slots are closed but phil beat me to it, im only saying this cause im real bored! lol everyone good luck in the league and hopefully should be started next week!
ps. The bit im running is coolist you all wanna be there! hehe
Artagas

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

just a quick suggestion.
wouldnt it be more reasonable if the first two teams from each divisions advanced to playoffs, and not the winners of conferences. the winner of a conference might happen to be only the 4th or 5th team in its div, which would mean that some other teams performed better against the same opponents, so those would deserve the play-off spots in my view.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda read it wierd myself. In this league are Divisions sub to Conferences or are Conferences sub to Divisions? Which one has 4 and which one has 2? And the winners of each of the 4 going to the semi's to play for the last game? What about Wild Cards? You can get play-off's with 8 teams, if you include the 4 teams with th best records after the 4 regional winners.

Wild Cards also has the advantage of not knocking a team out too early from a play off spot, so that you can get teams Best performance for longer. A Coach that knows he is out of the running will more likely play to keep his team intact for the next season, while coach that still has a chance to get a play-off berth will throw thier players in harms way for the win. (yes, I know, everyone that always plays to win will not have to reassure me that they will always play to win. I was Generalizing)

Asperon Thorn
Artagas

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hey...i actually see 20 teams there now!!! Cool
Tamper...pls post the schedule so we can start kicking some ass Twisted Evil
just one more quick suggestion:
it is a good thing that u dont want to hurry the league. but i think it would be reasonable to post the schedules of at least 3-4 rounds, so if for expample two teams who play in round 2 both finished their round 1 games they could start playing even if some of the others still playing round 1. This wouldnt change anything but would allow people to go with the games at their on pace. (still there should be some sort of deadline of course for finishing games...like 1 week for each...but if all the 20 coaches are willing we could speed it up...or even slow it down).

Artagas

p.s: Asperon you are right...even people who "always play to win" usually take significantly less risk in a regular season game than in a tournament game.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

but don´t plan the schedule too tight as we all could be in different time zones Smile. I suggest planning a game in a window of 2 - 5 days and let the two coaches make up the time and place (high noon GMT, near the old church) when the match actually happens.

Of course this will result in about 1 game per team and week...

Sinner
farung

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

have fresh necromantic team: Thralls of Korce... and would like to participate!! sonds goood...

Post   Posted: May 15, 2003 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested Very Happy . I think it's easier to balance things out if only brand new teams take part. And DivX sounds like fun. I'll play whatever you need...
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 15, 2003 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm always interested in leagues. Wink

I'm in... I have a slot free for a new team in DivX.