52 coaches online • Server time: 17:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.freewebs.com/fumbblrepository

let me know what you would like to see and what you think about it so far. Please keep in mind that it is a work in progress Very Happy

I want to eventually have just about everything you could ever need for fumbbl on it, making it easy to find things.

B

EDIT 3-3-04

Added a slew of new pics for Ogres, Pixies, Gnomes, and Rotters.

Last edited by BloodbasherMasher on %b %03, %2004 - %07:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
McCloud

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

While I understand it is a work in progress, it is still extremely lacking in anything of use.

McCloud
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What exactly is that site supposed to do that isn't already done here? We already have a downloads section, as well as a user editable user guide. I don't see why someone would want to go to a second site to get what is already available here.

The Finishing Touch
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, it is lacking in downloads, but I will need permission to borrow someof the things already posted here.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

In order to put stuff on the FUMMBL site, it has to already be on the web. I'm offering a place for users to submit their stuff and get it posted online for those that do not have their own website.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. Thank you then..

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

why dont u add some tactics for noobs or helpful hints etc i do tend to agree with Mr-Klipp though i dont know what youre trying to achieve entirely.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I like the idea, BBM.

For those who don't quite get it, let's say you have something really cool that you want to share with the community as a whole. You made some great icons or something. Now let's say you don't have a webserver of your own (homeless problem. Smile ). So you go to the FUMBBL downloads area to share your file. BUT when you look closely at it you see that it only lets you link to a file that's already hosted somewhere! Whatever can you possibly do to get around this? Well, go over to BloodBasherMasher's site and send him an email saying, "Here are my wicked cool icons. Can you host them for me so that I can share them with everyone?" He'll write back saying, "Sure thing. They're already up and here's the URL for you to distribute."

This is a good thing. My hat's off to you, BBM.

{ Off Topic: I'm already doing the same thing for the 7th Sea/Swashbuckling Adventures RPG and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside for it. Let me know if I can help you out somehow, BloodBasherMasher. }

{ edit: I was so high on Nyquil when I wrote this I didn't even realize I was thanking the wrong person! Edited now... all those big tough guy names look alike anyway, right? Razz }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %03, %2004 - %05:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Theres one thing that bothers me alot; name of that page. Its nto official Fumbbl website run by same people that run Fumbbl site so it should not look like it would be somehow official without permission of Christer.
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I added a disclaimer for that reason, peikko. I guess I didnt think about it when I created the site.

I al ot of people have said "there is little content." Well, the site is olnl a few weeks old, and no one has submitted anything yet. Hopefully that will change soon.

I am working on adding new stuff, mainly the things that we dont have, like Spore Flinger pictures and pics for the gnome team. I will expand after I get that stuff finished.

B

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Way to go BloodbasherMasher! That is a great start! I wouldn't put much stock into the reasons why you shouldn't do this. If they don't like it, they can just chose not to visit it. I hope you have a lot of success.
 Jump to: