48 coaches online • Server time: 15:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to we do with the YTB league?
Restart, with fresh teams.
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Restart, with the same teams.
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Restart, and make it an Open Round Robin - fresh teams.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Restart, and make it an Open Round Robin - same teams.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Continue, its ok with me.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Disband, there is no other way.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Im not in the league so I dont care.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

Cyco

Post 22 Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What do we do with the YTB league?

This pull will go on for 10 days, after that the changes will be made.
Perox

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

We can continue with the rules as stated in place. Coaches that are not online for last 7 days should be kicked, their place and points taken over by new coaches with fresh teams. This should not pose too much of a problem because of the handicap rules fresh teams are not neccesarily (sp?) in disadvantage.

Maybe it's a good idea to have a commisioner for each of the qualifying groups that makes sure that everything in the group runs smoothly.

In the west group we have pretty motivated coaches, only one coach that seems to be forgetting about this tournament and bloodbowl altogether:

golgomoth was online 11 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes ago.

He needs to be replaced.
Barash

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Restart, with fresh teams.

IMHO: Team ranking of teams differs too much to continue with the current teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Maybe it's a good idea to have a commisioner for each of the qualifying groups that makes sure that everything in the group runs smoothly.

In the west group we have pretty motivated coaches, only one coach that seems to be forgetting about this tournament and bloodbowl altogether:

Im glad you feel that way, but the other quallifying groups dont run as smoothly. So a good ide might be to restart. There are three more groups who dont work as well.

But a good idea is to have a commisioner for each quallifying group.

About replacers, I have replaced so many coaches. I dont have any spare ones at the moment and Im a bit too tired at the moment to get new ones. Why does people sign up if they dont intend to play? That is the biggest question at fumbbl.com.

I agree with Barash. Restart, with fresh teams. But I will listen to what the pull have to say about it.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont like restarting with fresh teams , it is more interresting play the old teams . if there are new coaches getting replaced they get handy cap and got tr up fast.
CaptainRhino

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If it disbands or we have to restart with fresh teams i'd be very disappointed and to be honest wouldnt want to start again afresh.

We got off to a bad start with the Fumml site problems which I don't think helped but the west division is ticking along reasonably well and if we had to start again I'd be pretty miffed (but then my squeelers are doing fairly well)
ourden

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Continue with the current tournament.
How about a 5 day limit to respond to chalanges from your next opponent.
If you havn't responded to your opponent by then you forfiet the game.

If you intend to play a tournament, the least you can do is to log on to the Fumbbl site and check for new messages.

I don't really what to start over with new teams, my Wood Elves are finally starting to shape up (the lazy buggers).

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's what I reckon. We have grouped the players randomly. I think that we should group the players based on frequency of games played. Ie if you have played every game once a week then you go into north. If you are a bit slack then you go down to south.
If you don't play Bye.

This way each league will run at it's own pace and it will not stuff everyone up. If the lowest league still hasen't caught up. End it early and go off points. If their qualifiers cannot be bothered then stuff them.

Ghost
pabloex

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to have the current tournaments cancelled, to boot the deadbeat coaches and to reform with the active teams we have left. Without replacements for the current tournament, that means that we will continue to have forfeits which in the end is damaging to active teams due to the lack of winnings and spp that come from a forfeit. Not to mention that it just plain sucks when a division winner gets to be a winner because 1/2 their games are forfeits.

A big tourney with lots of teams is nice but I'd be just as happy with 16 consistent coaches that play multiple seasons so that some naturally occuring rivalries can develop. Longevity > League Size, IMO.
grep-v

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to point out that some coaches might not have had the chance to play simply because their opponents never showed up.
My vote goes to "Restart with fresh teams".

ciao
Glutton

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know if I like the idea of restarting from scratch, but maybe trying to group people by similar(ish) timezones in the groups might make it easier. I am on quite often as is my next opponent.....just happens that we are usually about 6-10hrs apart. Tried to set a date & time but quite hard considering I work rotating shifts as well. LOL then again I might be the only one with TZ probs so maybe I should drop & just stick to my aussie league Smile .

Anyway will be watching with interest to see what is decided.
Henschel

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in for the most, except killing the leaugue. So keep on working :0)
 Jump to: