52 coaches online • Server time: 22:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 24, 2011 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Another small issue.

Using the new Theme, I cannot seem to navigate my way to the Teams List (for instance the teams in Blackbox with the most games played etc...)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: May 24, 2011 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Layout really doesn't concern me too much since I can get used to different locations of items.

Fixed width is annoying since I typically have my window just under my 1024x768 resolution, but I can probably live with it.

The Font is a tad skinny for my taste but certainly readable.

However the "beige" color is REALLY glaringly bad for me. I understand that various layouts require a considerable amount of work to test and update, but color schemes should be fairly simple to cross implement shouldn't they? PLEASE let me have the pleasant coolness of "Aggressive" green!
koadah

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it's just my eyes but the contrast between the text and background does not seem as good as it could be.

e.g. home/overview, matches, games text seems a bit greyish.

Forum messages seem better.

Edit: That was firefox 4. It seems easier to read n IE8 even though the text does not seem as 'sharp'.

On win XP SP2.

Edit2:
Ah. Now we're getting to it.
Firefox 3.6 on Ubuntu the fonts look just fine.
Are you guys trying to tell us something?

Also Login page needs better tab order.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you put the password box below the username one please. When i log in i type the username then always press the tab key to go to the next box, but on the new front page it now takes you to sign up instead of password.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 16:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take a peek at the tab order.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the blog post explaining the design decisions and it is very informative. Thanks for that.

What I like:
- The background.
- The footer art. Just cool.

What I would like to see changed:
- The colour. I understand the site branding aspect, that is important. All I would really ask for is that at some point in the future, other colour options would come along. The Root colours and textures are my favourite.

- The width issue. Christer's explanation of why a fixed width is needed makes sense completely, but I have to point out that this particular fixed width is very unsuitable for my 1600x900 screen. It's true that other prominent websites use fixed width, but on none of those do I have to scroll horizontally to see all the content at a comfortable size. Maybe it would be possible to relatively increase the size of content within the body. If not in this theme then maybe in a future one.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks to all the people who are putting in all this effort to improve the site. Whatever happens I very much appreciate the work done.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Torsten wrote:
- The colour. I understand the site branding aspect, that is important. All I would really ask for is that at some point in the future, other colour options would come along. The Root colours and textures are my favourite.

um...isn't root the same colors, just maybe slightly darker shades?

--j

ImageImage
Garion

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Root was darker and more grey but yeah basically.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Torsten wrote:

um...isn't root the same colors, just maybe slightly darker shades?

--j

Green banner with a little red as opposed to a red one in a brighter shade. It's sort of an inverse with toned down colours. It's quite different imo.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I still can't work out how to navigate to this page from the current UI;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&nav=10
Garion

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

you cant yet. Unless im mistaken as well.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Torsten wrote:
this particular fixed width is very unsuitable for my 1600x900 screen.

The pastel theme is set to 1000 pixels wide. With a 1600 horizontal resolution, you should have no trouble navigating the site.

Note that there are pages which currently break layout and render outside the 1000 pixel wide content panel. I need to sort those pages out.
Torsten

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Torsten wrote:
this particular fixed width is very unsuitable for my 1600x900 screen.

The pastel theme is set to 1000 pixels wide. With a 1600 horizontal resolution, you should have no trouble navigating the site.

Note that there are pages which currently break layout and render outside the 1000 pixel wide content panel. I need to sort those pages out.

Thanks for the response Christer.

The issue probably comes up for me because I like to zoom my page in a bit. I don't know if my zooming habits are unusual or not. I checked the other famous fixed width sites that you mentioned in your blog post and none of those need horizontal scrolling when I'm zoomed in to a level that I find comfortable. I guess either their content is in a bigger type face, or their bodies are narrower than 1000 pixels.

Either way, I don't expect you to tailor the settings just for me Smile, but I thought I better mention it because maybe it is a problem for enough people to be worth looking at.
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2011 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some feedback. I have no idea if this has been taken up but here we go:

1) make the tickets more visible, in V3 one could always see how many tickets and images where left to be handled. Now I have to proactivly look it up. I am very lazy hence I would prefer if they where visible all the time page.

2) Increase the width of the theme or provide a high res theme with larger width. The green background often interfere with sitecontent for me and makes it hard to see properly, most notably during image approval. I would much rather have a wider main

Thank you

Smile
 Jump to: