32 coaches online • Server time: 10:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it!

I'm not so expert about fumbbl site labirith ^^, but i found the Blackbox Central page larger than the light part of background.

Maybe even rosters should have some more space for player skills, they look a little bit too "condensed".

Minor problems, but trying to help Smile

Purplegoo wrote:

The 'Where is the displayed BWR' mob look like they'll get their wish.
Boo. Wink

What do you mean? I didnt got it Sad
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

That we get 2-3 threads a months wishing for BWR to be displayed. In the mock up, it was. And boo to that!
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I'm also looking for feedback on what everyone thinks makes a great team page. I really like the fluff with bios and stats, and want to propose a killer team page mockup to Christer that would already have top player lists (active and alltime) and other great bits. If you have ideas or can point me to the best team pages, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Talk to Shraaaag. He has already done some awesome scripts that collect all these data you're talking about Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Zakatan. I have seen them and they are the main inspiration for what I want to mock up. Still want to see who has implemented them the best for ideas.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Another note: i cant see any image on the uploaded images page, nor the public galleries.

Thanks again for this superb work!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, check the known issues thread, galleries don't work in the new theme yet.

A lot of the issues exist because Christer could not fix them before 'launching' the theme because they will likely affect other themes. i.e the disappearing search function in the forums. Hopefully some of these issues will get sorted quick now.

Glad people are liking it overall so far.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
That we get 2-3 threads a months wishing for BWR to be displayed. In the mock up, it was. And boo to that!

What is the problem with it? in the box no one will avoid you because of it. Wink

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I know its not important and hardly anyone cares about it but the Championship list isn't included in the Fumbbl menu on the new list. I might be being dim but I cant find it.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 18:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It is very pretty and very nice.

And i switched back to plastic-aubergine. i often forget most people dont already see the site as pretty as we plastic users do.

And I'll be keeping my fumbbl Purple, thanks.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the color palette. I am not too fond of the small width persoanlly. Is it designed with netbooks and other lowresolution devices in mind?

I think I will get tired of at least some of the sublinks very quickly. For example it already felt annoying the first time I had to go to this forum. Som of the more commonly used pages should have a link in the main menu. Especially Overview, Games, and the Forum pages.

Other than that I think it is a really well done theme
KenThis

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i have 2 comments.
i prefer the soothing calming blue colour of blue plastic i understand its persoanl preference etc. but if this does become the de facto fumbbl theme is it very hard to allow for different colours, i'd love a nice blue version
also compared to the expansive display in blue plastic the central section seems to be too busy if you like to see extended team details. although the green bands with the tactical doodles are nice would be difficult to allow users to expand the central menu at their expense.
everything else menus etc. seems much more user friendly even more so than blue plastic so kudos there.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
I really like the color palette. I am not too fond of the small width persoanlly. Is it designed with netbooks and other lowresolution devices in mind?

I think I will get tired of at least some of the sublinks very quickly. For example it already felt annoying the first time I had to go to this forum. Som of the more commonly used pages should have a link in the main menu. Especially Overview, Games, and the Forum pages.

Other than that I think it is a really well done theme

Forum has a direct link via the main menu, and overview is now called Teams. Clicking on the Games main link will take you to Gamefinder.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ken, the colours are based on Christer's preference to tie in with the original FUMBBL colour scheme. Perhaps in future there could be colour variants or a wide screen mode, not sure.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure where you would put it, but is there any chance of having a link to the blackbox central page?

Because it was added after the last batch of themes it has never been linked to, so most of us have to put links in our blogs instead.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a plan for more links as far as I know, including the Box page under the games menu, along with a direct activation link. I think C was waiting until the beta was going to start messing with extra links.