49 coaches online • Server time: 16:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
James_Probert

Post   Posted: May 17, 2011 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
koadah wrote:
RC wrote:
I like buttons. No drop- down menus.

We need Plastic Pastel. Very Happy

+ some number greater than 0

what, like e, pi or 0.1? Wink

I like the new theme, but not enough to change from what I know (pool)

I like haveing a nice large target for my mouse when I want to go to my home page.

Last edited by James_Probert on May 17, 2011 - 18:07; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 17, 2011 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Plastic is just so...ughhhh

Wait until the full main page is implemented and you should be able to get just about anywhere you want to in one click. I agre that personal menus should be included too.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't add anything really but I do like the new Pastel theme. The colours go well and the layout is much as I would choose it to be but until it has the personal menu I would not use it.

As to the other themes. I hate V1 & V3 . Of the top menu style I still like Root as well as any. Of the side menu ones I like Aggressive 2 best then plastic Grey. But Top menu is easier to use.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2011 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like it, much better than root or aggressive, which I have been using.

One (minor) thing is that in the coach/team search bar there's not enough space to display all the text, so it reads "find coach or te...".
Calthor

Post   Posted: May 19, 2011 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

mubo wrote:
One (minor) thing is that in the coach/team search bar there's not enough space to display all the text, so it reads "find coach or te...".

Not on my screen. Fits nicely.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 19, 2011 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
mubo wrote:

Not on my screen. Fits nicely.

Mubo, are you using the large screen fonts in your display settings? Which browser?
mubo

Post   Posted: May 19, 2011 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Using opera, where do I find out if I'm using large fonts?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 19, 2011 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Mubo, not sure about Opera settings. Maybe someone else can check, but they should be under a View menu or something similar.

For your desktop settings, you should be able to right-click the desktop and chose Display Properties>Appearance and select the Font size. Depends a bit on your OS.

I'm trying running the font size in FF one size smaller than normal (without scaling the site) and it looks quite good. The default font may be a bit big. How do others find it for size?

Post   Posted: May 20, 2011 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The new theme is very sleek and shiny but i think it might hurt the eyes after a few hours of browsing. I prefer the old-school chunkiness of the Pitch theme (whose colours ironically seem to be more pastel than those on the Pastel theme).

Regarding functionality, currently it all fits together on-screen except over-large "League Matches" table, which is so big it has a horizontal scroll bar, but that's just due to the number of teams.

For forum quotes, I prefer the boxed/darkened background which i think makes quotes easier to read.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2011 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

One problem I have found with the new theme is - the Hyperlinks in the help section are not very clear. Can anything be done to make them stand out a little more like they do in the root skin?

Post   Posted: May 21, 2011 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
a request: I'd love to see the header menus at any time, that they are fixed on top and only the content scrolls up and down.

This way there would be no need to scroll all the way up after reading forum threads with long posts or checking team matches with a lot of games or the such. Comfortable navigation!

Have to agree, I've returned back to "aggressive" as I find the left hand full menu much more useful than the drop down menu's. But then I'm not using a smart phone or tablet Smile

Post   Posted: May 21, 2011 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

just checked again, having thought this was a flaw, and nobody else seems to have noticed it.

on tournament pages, you can't see who's won a forfeited match
for example: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4262&p=tournaments

Post   Posted: May 21, 2011 - 22:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
on tournament pages, you can't see who's won a forfeited match

Fixed.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Will there be an update to the home page for plastic?

It's not looking so great at the moment.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If your going to FORCE!!! us to use this theme only can we at least have an option to choose the colours