41 coaches online • Server time: 19:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so rather than typing something that makes sense i'm gonna be kinda lazy n just quote myself from elsewere:

paulhicks wrote:
pythrr wrote:
so, clawpomb, overpowered or what?

Nah not really but the nerfing of dp was bound to throw up another "omgz there are skillz that are more effective at hurting stuff" combo whilst at the same time removing the best defence against it. Doh!!!

Nerf DP.. fine I can see it probably needed it.

Nerf GTR.. hell yeah. that result was seriously silly and I like the new one.

Nerf getting sent off.. err.. wait! I though we were nerfing fouling not removing one of the defences’ against it. So now fouling has become a half arsed cluster- f.... err cluster- love that merely increases the randomness and gives Spiro (its not a good post if I forget to mention him) a new reason to have an frothy mouth rage fit.

At the BBRC meeting:
Genius 1) “Herp derp look I fixed fouling so it isn’t worth people doing it all the time anymore!!”
Genius 2) “ Lulz I just removed the eye and went back to 3rd edition rules that foulers and non foulers hated alike!!”
Genius 1) “Herp durp that’s cool. If der’s one thing no-one ever complains about it’s randomness”
Genius 2) “Hey you wanna hear my plan to stop those damn Ogre teams winning all the time?”

Bashy teams get to be more bashy by repeatedly falling on their opponents (for some reason I always picture Big Van Vader doing a body splash) at the expense of minor considerations such as "positioning" and "the ball" whilst outmanoeuvring teams get to lose (well not lose but.. well.. you know) the 1 skill that not only allowed them hurt key players effectively but would have also have allowed them to stand around shouting "omgz teh lulz!!! did you just lie down your favourite playa??"
Agile teams have the most expensive linemen so losing the ability to perform a once per half surgical strike with few chances of retaliation hurts them the most. Especially as they're the more likely to be playing with only 11 guys to start with.

The solution:

Sure keep the new GTR.
Keep DP as only +1 as well

BUT...

bring back the eye and...

Give an extra +1 for fouling when you have done a leap as part of the move!!! It gives agile teams a bonus, a reason to leap more often and when someone does pile on like a 300lb virgin at his first orgy lulz will surely follow.

Good plan no?

And yeah i know that Fumbbl doesn't change the LRB rules or will ever implement this as a houserule but thats no reason not to discuss it right? Very Happy
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't the minmaxers just drop one of their four ClawPOMBers in favor of 4 dps then?

I've suggested making DP an agility skill before. At least then, that extra dab of TV would only allow the minmaxers to replace one ClawPOMB with 3 dps after some extra skill farming - a vast improvement..?

I fully support bringing back the Eye if we only got to choose one change. Also, the Ogre coach in me appreciated that 4th line in the discussion way more than you will ever know. <3

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

DP as agility skill, and +2? Or still +1.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Paul, I did not read your post yet feel compelled to reply.

I think DP should be +2/+2, because that is funny. And anti-PO. All good.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

And yeah, the eye should be brought back. Was an elegant and effective system (as Synn has argued).

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Wouldn't the minmaxers just drop one of their four ClawPOMBers in favor of 4 dps then?

I've suggested making DP an agility skill before. At least then, that extra dab of TV would only allow the minmaxers to replace one ClawPOMB with 3 dps after some extra skill farming - a vast improvement..?

but dp would still be of no more use to them than it is now unless they started taking leap as well (and rolling some ag).
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

just read your comment on Emo's blog: I IZ SOO SORies.,,,

Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The eye was far better than the current 'doubles' method. Any potential change would be great. It's a shame changes have been frozen by the knobbers in the BBRC....

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

would be a nice counter to the basher teams but would you not run the risk of a well set up woody team outscoring and beatin up the oponent and lots of chaos and dwarf coaches complianing. actually that would be great Smile
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
just read your comment on Emo's blog: I IZ SOO SORies.,,,

Smile

so you should be Twisted Evil
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

How about keeping it the current +1 and making the other +1 come from the Sneaky Git skill (to give it some point in existing after the eye is brought back). If it takes two or more skills, it can't be broken... right?

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
It's a shame changes have been frozen by the knobbers in the BBRC....

It's not the BBRCs fault, better: Had the BBRC still existed, it still wouldn't have been its fault. It's GW who froze the development and dissolved the BBRC, and my guess is that this was done due to an arrangement with Cyanide.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with Calcium.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
i agree with Calcium.

+1

f_alk wrote:
It's not the BBRCs fault, better: Had the BBRC still existed, it still wouldn't have been its fault. It's GW who froze the development and dissolved the BBRC, and my guess is that this was done due to an arrangement with Cyanide.

Agreed, but we all know that GW are the biggest gang on knobbers in the tabletop world! Remember that the BBRC slapped all of us around the chops with LRB6, and now we have plasmoid trying to backtrack with 'competition pack' add ons....

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see a return of the hidden LRB4 rule where you got +7 to both av and inj rolls if the player fouling was carrying the ball.