15 coaches online • Server time: 03:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So League has now gone FFB as I am sure everyone is now aware.

I have just searched through most of the help pages on the site and there is almost no information dotted about on how to set up a league, what all the terminology means etc....

I have 10 hours of free time tomorrow (yes while I am at work Smile) to help write the user guide.

So anyone that has anything useful to add stick it here and I will try and get all the information I can and create a useful user guide.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't start a league before looking at the popular ones and thinking about why they work Wink

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all I couldnt find a link to this anywhere in the userguides. Luckily I knew the URL somehow:? http://fumbbl.com/help:Tournament+Structure

Out of this list I couldn't find any information about how to draw a Round Robin (decide who plays who and in what order) or how to set up a tournament at the end of it where the top 4 teams go into a knock out competition.

Can anyone help me out here?

Also what does -

The 'score' Tick box, 'Enable grid' and 'Grid Season' mean in the Edit Group info mean?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Garion i will need some help to set up a private league with few of my mates so it will be very helpfull.
Royston

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think most leagues that work are based on a small idea and a lot of simplicity. The bigger the complexity of the league the more problems it has.

Also best to start small and expand small. Expand your league too quickly and see it die.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Score is there to help if it's an open, unscheduled league and we use it in obba to keep track of who is going to be in each league. It's also used if a tournament is going to be seeded.

A round robin is a League tournament. Fixtures are generated automatically, by the site.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I have made a start, more to come soon - http://fumbbl.com/help:CreateLeague

Thanks for the help so far guys, great stuff Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Score is there to help if it's an open, unscheduled league and we use it in obba to keep track of who is going to be in each league. It's also used if a tournament is going to be seeded.

A round robin is a League tournament. Fixtures are generated automatically, by the site.

Thanks Chewie Smile but when does the site generate the fixtures. does a button become avaiable to generate them at some point?

Also how do you arrange a knock out tournament at the end of the season that the top 4 teams can play in? Do you just set up a knock out manually at this point?

Okay I understand what score is now I think. It is usually dispalyed in the group section, but how is it worked out. For example in Obba I got 10 points that season but I have a score of 9 in the group page?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It generates the fixtures when you click on start tournament.

And yes, you'd start a new tourny with 4 teams in it Smile

Your score of 9 denoted what league you were in, before i started them and means that you weren't seeded for the cup.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay well i think that makes sense, Im still not sure why the numebr 9 though. Does that have any significance to how i performed or is it just because I was in a specific league?

Anyhow, here is the page. It is almost complete as a first draft. Only thing I need to do is fill in all the detals where i have typed MORE TO COME SOON.

So if you or anyone else that understands that stuff can let me know what they all mean then please post here Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Metagroups like ELF use the score to...

...keep track of a team's score through the season!

Other leagues use groupings of numbers to sort their members into their relevant divisions etc. in this case, often the specific score is irrelevant, but those with the same score, will be found playing at the same 'level' next season.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Also on the final picture on the page what do all the spaces mean where I have not filled in any information?

I assume the ones I did were points for a win, for a draw and loss and points for a winning by concession and points for losing by concession. Have I done them right? and as asked before what are the other boxes for and what typically goes in them?

If anyone wants to jump in feel free. Im finishing work in 10 minutes so will not look at this again till tomorrow morning when I'm back at work Sad

Post   Posted: May 14, 2011 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay well, I havent had any more input from people since last night.

This is what I have done so far - http://fumbbl.com/help:CreateLeague

Still not complete. Can anyone help provide me with the information I need above. Also any feedback is appreciated whatball, Pgoo, Zakatan any suggestions?

Post   Posted: May 14, 2011 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that last table your talking about you get extra points for so many TD or Cas in a game depending what you have set it at.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 14, 2011 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably but I'm still not 100% sure how to go about setting it? I would guess min is the minimum numbers of points you would get and max would be the maximum but what are For and Against for? and what is the Minimum box all on its own for?