17 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nimblefinger

Post 22 Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the statistics I would like to see is what type of races that play against each other. As soon as I offer up my highelf team for a game I get a 5 to 10 people long line of Khemri/Necro/Orc who wants to bash them to pieces and quite often with a better TR than mine.

It would be very interesting to see how large percentage of the games that the toughest teams in the league run is against elves or "soft targets" instead of taking on a challenge like dwarves.

/nimble
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Slightly off topic, but you really shouldn't be comparing TR between teams in Open or DivX when looking for a fair match up. SR is a *much* more accurate measure since it includes MNG, N, and stat decreases. The only important thing to consider for TR is how many handicaps, at about +5 SR per, it causes one team to give up.

So, a (TR/SR) 150/150 team versus a 190/160 team is roughly an even match up.

OTOH, SR is not very accurate for stunty division at all.
ourden

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

nimblefinger wrote:

It would be very interesting to see how large percentage of the games that the toughest teams in the league run is against elves or "soft targets" instead of taking on a challenge like dwarves.

Word!

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
nimblefinger

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

swilhelm73 wrote:
SR is a *much* more accurate measure since it includes MNG, N, and stat decreases.

So, a (TR/SR) 150/150 team versus a 190/160 team is roughly an even match up.

I know and as you pointed out it's slightly off topic. Being new to FUMBBL I tried to do my homework and have a look around at different teams and different setups. During that little research I found a couple of teams of "bashy" races that exclusively had played against "soft" targets. To me that seem hypocritical and I thought it was a rare occurence until I created my highelf team and started offering it in mIRC.

I just thought it might be an interesting statistical point to make.

/nimble
kjwise

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashy teams never ever get a challange from the soft teams so they have to do all the courting.
I think my "bashy" orc team has played much more against other bashy teams since
few elves brave an orc team (and I've challanged elf teams with more than +20 in str and tr)
The problem me thinks lies in the function of the apothatecary.
kjwise

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So I looked at my overview and here are some statistics:
orkaForka!
Played 19 games. (9/4/6) TD diff 11 (28 - 17) Cas diff 14 (24/10/5 - 15/9/1)
Out of those 19 games 4 are against elves! (21.05%)
Green Woodies Wood Elf | 100 2/0/0 50000 2 - 0 116 0/0/0 50000 45000
Lord of the Rings High Elf | 107 1/1/0 50000 2 - 1 109 1/0/0 60000 35000
Wooden Heroes Wood Elf | 154 3/0/0 70000 2 - 1 176 0/0/0 10000 54000
Tree Runners Wood Elf | 175 0/0/0 70000 1 - 1 180 0/0/0 10000 68000

Funny data because really, I'd have to get 10-20 more matches for it to
mean anything at all:
Avg cas per game against elves 1.25
Avg cas taken from elves 0.25
Avg td scored v.s elves 1.75
Avg td allowed v.s elves 0.75

As you can see in all games the elves had a tr advantage.
The rest of my games are against khemri, unded, dwarfes, chaos dwarves, orcs and lizards and oh, one goblin team.

No skaven yet.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So, wait a second...
There are 19 different races in Open, four of which happen to be elves.
Of your 19 games, you've played 4 against various types of elves.

What on earth are you complaining about? You're dead average.

Also, everyone please try to remember that your experience is not necessarily indicative of all of the more than 300 games played per day. One team's record is not statistics, it's an anecdote.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I played against wood elves thrice and high elves once.
I've yet to play against dark elves and elfs.
And ofcourse I can only give my own statistics.
My point is that the majority of my games has been against other bashing teams,
not looking at races per se, but the ratio between bashing teams and passing teams.

But I'd like to see those statistics too, because it would be a good indicator of the
workings of the cherrypicking league.

PS: BadMrMojo, i'm not complaining, I'm stating my facts and I find it funny if there are
any bashing teams that have actually managed to get to a high TR/STR by playing
"soft" teams only.
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate these conversations but since I already spent time reading, I'll add to the misery.

Coaches out there (especially NOOBlike) need to understand the difference between Strength Teams and Bashy Teams.
The bloodbowl races themselves are broken up between high STR teams (chaos/lizards/etc) and high AG teams (elves/skaven) with others falling in the middle.

It's the coaches' skill picks that determines whether the team is bashy or not. A lizard team with Suarus who all have block/guard/break tackle is NOT bashy, it is high STR. Consequently an Amazon team with 4 MBs and 2 DPs is bashy. So before turning down a game in chat because you don't want to play a "bashy", or before accepting a game with an elf team cause you want a non-bashy game, take a minute and look at the roster, because, you know, they are all different.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

... and again, should I add that we are supposed to have fun here. Not be on some high rolling egotrips of conquest. Sometimes you lose, and sometimes not. It really doesn't matter who you play, because as people know that even the tiniest of goblins can turnout to be the biggest ogre, if the dice agree to it.

To as the thing of choosing, it surely does seem that the Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves, Chaos, etc teams usually challenge my Undead instead of my Orc or Dwarf teams, but that is how it is. And as long as there are people playing here, it will stay the same. I don't like it, but what can you do...

And to you fellwesterion : Sorry that I retired the Amazon team against your Ogres... was new and got mad. Been given a notice and learned from it. Hoping to play with you sometimes. Let's call it even... OK?

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully, great points of wisdom there! I wish more people would see the game this way.
Perox

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood Elf team, played 27 matches

-13 were vs strength teams (Orc, Chaos, Chaos dwarf)
-8 were vs other wood elfs
-6 were vs various non-strength teams (Skaven, Dark Elf, Norse, Amazon etc)

Wood Elfs tend to play eachother for recovery matches. My woodies do. Other than that I will play other non-bashy strength teams anyday.

Perox.
Jahira

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the stronger teams on fumbbl feed on elfs... some don't... that's just how things are... my dwarfs play down couse they have too as there are few teams bigger then themselfs and like 90% of their games have been against foulers and bashers... not saying that my games are fair but hardly come by it easily. if you wanna look at some funny stuff.. look at the top 10 coatches and see their matchrecords.! now there are some funny shit in there
Jahira

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

and no.. not saying i'm better or even close to their skills at all...!!!! just my thoughts!
Fellwesterion

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wekll i dont this "i got angry is a ok excuse" !!!!
 Jump to: