9 coaches online • Server time: 07:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Itzi

Post 5 Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

This is an opinion question for all the experienced coaches out there.

Should my ladies retire? They've been getting pretty beat up as of late (they blame their coach ). I've tried to keep my number of nig players trimmed, but it's starting to get out of hand.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=38186

Itzi
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's simple...if you are still having fun playing them, then don't retire. If play is becoming more of a chore for you, then retire them.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

With a TR of 142 and all those niggles etc, I would be retiring them... if it was a TR242 team, maybe not... but none of the individual players are that hot that you'd want to keep them...

But still, GorTeX is right... its the fun that counts
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

100% agree with GorTeX, if you enjoy playing them keep playing them if not send em packin'.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Give them a chance! You only need a recovery match to get your ladies of the hospital care and a couple of K's more gold to get a linewoman. you've got a ST 5 catcher, for God's sake!

I can relate to your plight, i've got a woodie team (players considerably more costy than yours) that have niggles and other injuries all around... It's a constant struggle to keep them afloat when i get niggles left and right, as often by aging as by injuries... Currently i'm on the top of situation but that might change the next time i get some bad luck vs a bashy team.
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say keep playing them, regardless of fun, you <b>OWE</b> them several recovery games. Afterall, as you said, they blame you for their injuries. Smile The next few games will be rough but you'll likely get through it, and if worst comes to worst and you have to retire, you're no worse off then you are right now.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them!

And give your Catcher Block and then Tackle as soon as possible, she should have got Block prior to Side Step anyhow. Consider her your Big Girl without negatraits (Catch is just an extravagancy on such a player). Try to score with someone else (at least after she got Block)

Release your assistant coaches immediately, they just increase your TR superfluously.

Discard 2 of your rerolls (I wonder, did you actually ever use 7 or even 8 rerolls in a half?)

When kicking, put your nigglers and those MA-1 girls at the LoS.

Why did you retire Thrower Tania?

Save your apoth for Tina II and Janice exclusively, the rest of the players aren't worth it right now!
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Got an idea. Play my khemri and ask yourself that question. Very Happy

Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump three rerolls and those 6 assistant coaches and your TR will drop 18 points straight away. With a lower TR you should be able to start replacing players, and playing opponents closer to your real level. Its worth doing just to save your thrower and catcher, and your much better of than any new amazon side would be.

Oscar Wilde
Itzi

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the advice.

After thinking it over and reading all the posts above, I think at the very least I owe them a few more games. So I'll keep 'em active for a while yet.

Itzi
 Jump to: