43 coaches online • Server time: 00:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Haska

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Now i've played skaven lots in a board game league, and i'm sure that all skaven team players got access to the physical ability. so playing online here i expected the same and discovered this to be against the board game. So i checked in the LBR and there it is confirmed, skaven players have access to physical along with chaos players.
So how come when i gain enough SPP for a player, on the skill choices there are no physical choices? Do i have to do something special to activate them? A friend of mind who plays chaos has not had to do so, all his players get access to the physical abilities. Does the site currently not allow skaven choose physical abilities?
any help would be a big help.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you need doubles but other than that they work fine.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

they work exactly like the board game, as thmbscrws said you need doubles to get them, dunno how your tabletop league played it of course
Haska

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm never remember needing doubles to get access to physical, is this a 'house' rule of the site? or did me and my bg mates not realise that it was only on a double? considering i'm looking at the relavant LBr page and there's stars all along skaven players for physical which to me suggests that a double is not required....
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

basically how it works is, there are skills and then there are traits, you need a double to take a trait. All of the physicals are traits and thus require a double like standfirm is a str trait. It's been this way since the lrb came out, though i believe you always needed doubles for the physicals.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we play by 2nd ed rules (kinda) in our tabletop league and I have a skaven team... doubles needed there too for physicals

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

heh then we always played it wrong in the bg league. but then again we had a skaven team and a chaos team. So we were happy lol. Perhaps the others should have read the rules a tad closer.
Cheers guys
Tedage

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

rtfm... Wink
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Haska wrote:
heh then we always played it wrong in the bg league. but then again we had a skaven team and a chaos team. So we were happy lol. Perhaps the others should have read the rules a tad closer.
Cheers guys

Very Happy Can I join your league. Chaos or Skavs? That's the only question.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Always been that way, Haska. Smile

Last 10 years anyway.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I want in on that league too! You got it right DoubleSkulls: The only downside would be the lack of block on a middle developed chaos team (+1 AG? DAMMIT I WANTED RSC!!!)...heh heh heh. Of course the Skaven would be hard to beat with their default 4 one-turners...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

How long can you keep a skaven one turner alive in that league, where every beast man has Claw Rsc and every big guy has tenteacles, and every other swinging dick has whatever he wants from the wish list.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, not just big buys, if there were one turners I would put tentacles on everyone. That STR 2 isn't going far. In the words of Mortal Kombat's scorpion "Get over here. . "

Asperon Thorn
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah... make 8 Tentacle checks... Mwahahaa!
 Jump to: