24 coaches online • Server time: 08:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

My team the <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=57577">Ill Rotten Nasties</a> is having a phenomenal start in the fumbbl open. And i owe it all to my friend the foul thankyou foul, and thank you fans for getting the ref. How do i keep my guys fouling when i start facing tougher teams how can i break monsters like chaos and beat them at their own game?
Barash

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You could consider getting the ref again or try something else for a change like score more TD's then your opponent. With the right dice it's not hard to keep up your winning streak.

I hope this helps Wink

Post 20 Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

as helpful as Barash was Wink - - consider this:

I've kept my Pro Elves to a 10/0/1 record (after I think a 4/0/0 start) by virtue of (along with extraordinary skill, guts and good looks) one concession at 5/0/0.

I'd won the previous match but sustained 2 SI and apothed an RIP in the process. So when my opponent rolled Morley's Revenge as his handicap the next game, I gave it a go until I was even more outnumbered - AT WHICH POINT I CONCEDED!

I gave myself a chance to do something cool that match, but when it wasn't gonna happen (both Morley and bad KOs one drive) i weighed it up and gave in. Consequently, my team didn't get smashed to bits, and the next match I had a full-ish roster again, having escaped relatively unscathed Surprised

And, as i said earlier, I'm now at 10/0/1. IMHO, quite possibly because i knew when not to let my team get seven colours of sh** kicked out of them. Wink

maybe this doesn't count as keeping a winning streak, but I didn't lose everything I could have lost that match, and kept the momentum of previous matches going.
Tedage

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

play crap teams...
Khaan

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep your team trimmed and healthy.

As tempting as it might seem to get really high in TR, it is pointless if that high rating is just inflated by injured players. Kick niggled players asap! You can usually keep stat decreased players and use them for line of scrimmage fodder until they die off. -av is keepable depending on team and player type, just dont farm spp's on a positional player with -av, they will die sooner rather than later.

Of course some teams have great trouble with cash flow so you have to delay the kicking, but you get the idea.

Exception to this would be the insane players like my friends two +st +st woodelf catchers. Those are keepers even when slightly banged up.

The Boyz
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

My team the <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=57577">Ill Rotten Nasties</a> is having a phenomenal start in the fumbbl open. And i owe it all to my friend the foul thankyou foul, and thank you fans for getting the ref.

I've rarely seen a coach d**b enough to get HIMSELF placed on so many DNP lists.

PS - Want to win? Learn to play. From what I've seen, without the numbers advantage to get from fouling you're just not very good.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Star Players... If you have a full roster.. keep TR low and look for skill vs skill matchups

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Learn how to play a skaven team that can win when outnumbered - all those Dirty Players will only get you massacred against a Bashy team with any development. You have one gutter runner.

One. Gutter. Runner.

People take skaven teams sepcifically to have the gutter runners. Get some more, and use them for things other than fouling. Turst me, this works...you can win with 5 guys on the field 2nd half if four of them are developed gutter runners...you can play skaven ultra bashy and dirty if you want, but don't expect to win (or the team to last long) once you stop cherry picking AV 7 teams.

Best of luck!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DNP list damn, now i won't get to play the cherry pickers boo hoo.
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

i took skaven because their nasty and sneaky
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly...and one gutter runner? It's like taking Khemri for the 5 ST Mighty Blow mummimes and only taking one...

An I would maybe worry a bit about not playing the cherry pickers since it's getting to the point where nothing but equal TR bashy teams are going to end your skaven's career!

Besdies the cherry pickers tend to be so easy to beat! Wink

Oh and one last thing: The Edit button is your friend.
MAGNUM75

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont put DP as skill on your key position players.
In th long run you will not have a chance if you try to foul out the oposing player.Skaven is one of the weakest teams when it comes to handle beating.
If you get some doubles you will be able to deliver some damage but you will never be good on absorb damage.
So my advice is get your gutters going man. 1 or 2 def dauntless horn leap maybe block stripball and tackle. And 2 as scorers block leap sidestep sprint surefett etc.
Or maybe one as anoying SOB. block sidestep and shadowing.
Pass block and long leggs is a cool combo aswell.
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

DNP list damn, now i won't get to play the cherry pickers boo hoo.

Once again you show your lack of intelligence. You see everyone has DNP lists, not just cherry pickers. Many players, whether they are good or bad, stay away from coaches with marginal skills who only know how to injure opponents.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. its like some of the 1W/4T/20L chaos, orc and dwarf teams lurking about.. no mystery as to what their game plan is.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The best tip is from Khaan: cut players when they inflate your TR and dont help your team. Also avoid things like cheerleaders and assistant coaches for the same reason.

The most important skills to give your players are ones that will get the ball of the other team, because with a skaven team you will mostly be kicking off if you are any good. Scoring tries when you receive is a no-brainer so long as you have 1 or 2 gutter runners.

Skaven and WE are the best scoring machines out there, but after playing with both i can say I definitely prefer skaven. Skaven players are able to afford their cheap replacements long after a WE team is reduced to 6 players permanently.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: