38 coaches online • Server time: 00:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well FUMBBL fans Iam back at home waiting for the kick off of the GLT in Altdorf. The GLT is the best of the 5 majors in a lot of coaches minds. It has a unique format and the pagentry of the tournament rivals even the FUMBBL Cup. This year the GLT promises to bring out the blood, carnage, elfballing, bashing, dirty boots and maybe the arrival of the CLPOMB teams. It should be a spectatcle of epic proportions.

The format is unique which makes it a lot of fun for coaches. Which bracket to enter that might give you a edge to win the qualifier and advance to the main draw? Lets break down the pros and cons.

High TV

Pro: The majority of the teams will probally have a 2200TV or higher..Thus reducing the amount of inducement money your TV monster will have to give out. For some coaches that is very appealing.

Con: This is usually the bracket for the high TV elfballing teams. Expect to see the best of the Dark Elves in this bracket with some woodies thrown in for spice. Also the Juggernaughts of death usually show up in this bracket to bash those elves into the pitch.

CR Bracket

Pro: This bracket is usually very small with a some fillers thrown in. You might get lucky and have to only win 2 matches to win a qualifier.

con: Playing against the high CR coaches. Now majors usually bring out a large % of the high CR coaches. But in this bracket you will find the best CR coaches who also mean to show you they are the best. They will bring attitude and a chip on their shoulder. No self respecting high CR coach will show up with a forlorn race. Chances of seeing a forlorn in this bracket is slim to none.

Forlorn

pro: dont have to face any elves, minus Pro elves. The Bashers are gone, minus Chaos Pact, so firepower index has been reduced. This qualifier appeals to the coaches who do not want to face the bashers and ballers. Also the restrictions on team type gives you a better idea of possible opponeets.

con: This bracket is usually very large. Expect one or two brackets to be 16 team qualifiers. Thus having to win 4 matches to advance. Also the possibility of very large TV diffrences in this bracket. SO if you are bringing your TV 2400 Pro elf team get ready to start handing out some serious inducement money.

Old Teams

pro: A lot of fluff as the legendary teams take the field. This is usually the "fun" bracket of the tournament. Seeing the "named" teams squaring off.

con:This bracket is very balanced so the "draw" really infulences the chances of a lot of teams. Also a lot of elfballers and bashers show up for this bracket. Also the idea that coaches need to probally have 80+ games on one team does restrict the bracket. And the coaches who have that many games with one team generally speaking are usually really good with that one team.

Cheaters/donation

pro: Having to only win one game to advance to the main draw.

con: You have to donate your entire treasury. And you have no idea what you are getting into when it comes to your opponeet. You could get the shaft as a TV 2800 Ogre team gets the other side of the bracket against your lowly 1600 TV chump team.

So there you go. Milfords pros and cons...add more as you like. This should be a lot of fun.

(side note: The Blood Sea Buccaneers are very conflicted on which bracket to enter. I quess the next few games after one or two prep matches to get my MNG personeal back will probally determine the direction.)

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to state my protest that the GLT this year will not include the goblins on every team. They add fluff, fun and excitement to an allready exciting game. I do not "buy" the argument that since all the goblin special weapons dont work to exclude them. The chainsaws work and that is what everyone wants to see anyway.

SO let the Chainsaws loose and everyone gets one. What is the problem with that? Your retort falls on deaf ears...bring on the chainsaws.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard a wild rumour from unnamed sources that the Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth were going to come out of retirement to play in this years GLT.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
I heard a wild rumour from unnamed sources that the Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth were going to come out of retirement to play in this years GLT.

Pretty sure this is a Ranked tourney.

__Synn
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:

That would be too magnificently awesome to be true Sad
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

the Agile Bones will be making an appearance, a Khemri team that doesnt need the usless tomb guardians Very Happy https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=659469, doubt we will make it past the first round unless we get uber lucky but we will go for it
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A big question that is lingering out there...Can Rata Blanca get back on their feet after the beat down they took from the Brotherhood in the UI? Will they have time to get the team back in order to make a respectable defense of their GLT championship last year? Rata made a deep run in the UI by getting that serious inducement money and there gutter runners carried the day all tournament long...but can they repeat that feat in the GLT?

Lets hope we find out...having the defending champion miss out on the tourney is allways a bad thing regardless of which major we are talking about.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Not knowing much about the caps in this tournament, the Agility Monsters chose the bracket they definitely fit into best... and will therefor probably be knocked out of it before even entering. Sad

Let's just hope that some things have changed due to the migration to FFB and CRP and some numbers are lower...
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Decided to take some khemri for the lolz, lets see how they do, cant be any worse than my undead which seem to fall apart in every tourney they enter Smile

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=582460

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2011 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be entering the group where I have always entered

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
RC

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be bringing my Orcs.. ahem slann to the Forlorn races Smile
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=645211

They are green and they roll a bucket load of +av

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

the High Princes intend to be there with the rest of the Old teams in that bracket.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Old Teams

pro: A lot of fluff as the legendary teams take the field. This is usually the "fun" bracket of the tournament. Seeing the "named" teams squaring off.

con:This bracket is very balanced so the "draw" really infulences the chances of a lot of teams. Also a lot of elfballers and bashers show up for this bracket. Also the idea that coaches need to probally have 80+ games on one team does restrict the bracket. And the coaches who have that many games with one team generally speaking are usually really good with that one team.

The News post says 40+ games.

However, 40 games isn't old. I would rather have seen a minimum of 100 games as the limit, although 80+ could work as well I guess.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
PainState wrote:

Old Teams

The News post says 40+ games.

However, 40 games isn't old. I would rather have seen a minimum of 100 games as the limit, although 80+ could work as well I guess.

That would be nice. However dont think there is enought teams interested to make it competitive as it shauld be.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The Full Moon Grid Fillers have entered. This is the first i have EVER entered. Glad last game im back to 2x ST4 Wolves as well
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658811