41 coaches online • Server time: 16:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks, this is the thread for game reports, trash talk, and humble acceptance of my superiority!

A vision showed me a team much like mine winning while a team much like the Calgary Slayers lost horribly..... portent of the future?

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Hey folks, this is the thread for game reports, trash talk, and humble acceptance of my superiority!

A vision showed me a team much like mine winning while a team much like the Calgary Slayers lost horribly..... portent of the future?

We should find out on Monday Smile
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

And we're underway!!
The CFFL's inaugural game was hosted by Edmonsrock who took on the visiting Als from "la belle province". The July snow was shovelled, openning ceremonies were ceremonious, and no one was in attendance.... well someone showed up... Nuffle (Cuffle?).
That new team smell was more than apparent as both squads laughed their way to a half time draw. Several shoelace mishaps, and general nuffling was apparent all over with neither team being able to make sense of their playbooks.
Then the 2nd half.....
The Als took over and totally dominated!! Bursting out the locker room full of Molson packed enthusiasm, they dropped back to back blitzes on the EskiRos. They even toyed with the 'Ros employing clever "stop hitting yourself" tactics and slapped the home team around without having to do any of the hitting themselves...

final 2-0 victoire for the Als!

all this to say... EVERY (sure felt that way) block die Ro rolled in the 2nd half was a skull (single, doubles..... you name it) - (again... blitzed on twice to boot). It was hardly a fair fight, amusing to be the one in c/nuffle's good books, but if Ro has half his hair left after that rediculous dicing then cudos.

I'd like to say I hope we'll both be in midseason form when we meet for a much deserved rematch... but seems we'll have to both make the finals to see that through this year. That's right... no rivalries being born today... no grudge match to look forward to... the Als and EskiRos were a one and done this season. So see you in the finals Ro! otherwise gona have to keep that hate burning thoughout the offseason and then some before u get your do-over.

Also, the CFFL will now be referred to the "cash funds fail league". Seems the visitors dont get paid, with half of their winnings going to the home team, and the other half to the Edmonsrock's crime syndicates. I'm sure the league will straighten out the moolah miss management, but so far it's been as CFFL as it's gona get! A "unique" product on the field, and off it Very Happy
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The money has been found and returned to the teams. The official word is that there was a clerical error with the funds, causing a delay in the payout, while the scuttlebutt round town has the fledgling league coming up big on a 10-1 shot at the track, securing financing for the remainder of the season...

Bring on the rest of the week's games!

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle's Roughriders have been seen on their practice pitch; they haven't been seen doing much, mostly just being silent and standing as far as possible from each other. Their coach has been heard expressing concerns that as much as the other team might run away terrified, their won't be much teamwork done on the side of the Roughriders, which could result in the team failing to ever touch the ball.

Last night however, the entire team showed their spirit showing up to mock and curse two of their opponent's opening game: The Calgary Slayers, coached by Azure, and Azure Airstrike, coached by Macavity. The most common comment heard was: Why the heck isn't Azure coaching Azure Airstrike?? What's going on here??! followed closely by 'down with Humanity! smash those underworld thugs! kill 'em all!' However, the most telling comment was 'What the heck is Nuffle doing? And why does the pitch keep getting blanketed in an invisibility field that also seems to act as a stasis field for all involved?'
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The Toronto Orconaughts will be heading to Rottawa to play the Rough Risers either tonight or tomorrow. The Rottawa team having risen from the dead so many times, have lost track of who they are and where they're playing exactly. As far as they know, the games will continue on at Frank LeCadaver stadium until the new facilities are built, unless the NIMBY Glebeites (damn Wood Elves) are able to derail stadium plans for a sprawling garden.

May the green blood of fallen Orcs turn the astrogranite into Astroturf!

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The news out of Winnipeg, straight from the head coach is simple, and to the point, "We're rebuilding, dammit!" Considering the number of injuries suffered in their recent game against the Calgary Slayers, one has to wonder if that's a team rebuild, or each individual player that the coach is referring to.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Toronto swaggered into Ottawa tonight and pounded out a 1-0 victory of the home team. It was an ugly, grinding game, ...as expected.
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3176530

Here's the Rough Riser's press release:

Well football fans, this was a bit of a bitter sweet game for the Rough Risers. They were happy to be back on top of the pitch, and not buried below it, but their first game left them wanting.

Eager for blood the Rottawa squad opted to receive and immediately sent the dog Boney Gabriel to work, Unfortunately he just jumped on Orcs and licked their noses until they got annoyed and pushed him into the home crowd who mauled him. Regen failed and he spent the rest of the game taking a cat-nap. Shortly before the end of the first half Hackson the ghoul joined him, and after that it was always going to be an uphill battle for the RRs.

They tried their best to hold of the Orconaughts in the second half, but an inability to inflict any damage proved to be their undoing. The single bright shining moment came courtesy of zombie Ron Broadcaster, having begged for weeks to be named the star QB, he picked up the final kick off and tossed a beautiful spiral to a waiting teammate.

The team starts the new league with a one nil loss, but plan to hit the training pitch hard and work on laying out some pain.

Last edited by WhatBall on Jul 07, 2011 - 15:53; edited 1 time in total
mubo

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The Orconaughts took the victory, although their rambunctious big-city dwelling fans may have had more to do with it than the players...A large troll by the name of Beamer grabbed the two Roughrider stars and sat on them until full time. Boney Gabriel was dognapped early on while Hackson the ghoul was intercepted as he visited a hot dog vendor for his half time "snack". Rumour has it that the Orconaught coach is trying everything possible to recruit this fearsome beast.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Boney Gabriel eventually got hungry, and so we ate Beamer the troll after the match. Too little too late though... Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Halifax and Hamilton squared off on Friday:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3177439

The teams had this to say after the match:
Halifax:
Quote:
Fist-off, TY dmarr for a fun game which I think was my first game here at FUMBBL not against whatball.

Secondly, thank-you to my team as I'm just amazed they found the pitch.

Dmarr played a perfect 1st half by grinding me down and using his big boys to effectively clear a path. My guys spent that half either in the nurses office or running like madmen around the field. If chaotic is a name for a defensive formation then I think we used that one.

The second half started well with HHFC successfully faking left and running right. Unfortunately, my guys though they were faster than they are and luckily got out of a jam to score a TD. "You're not rats!!!" was all I kept yelling.

The lopsided player count continued well into the 2nd half but thanks to the dice gods, my chaotic defense faired a bit better. Ove Inge brilliantly/stupidly/luckily tacked their ball carrier, picked up the ball and dodged out of a TZ somehow...I think that's what happened (my eyes were closed most of the time).

Tonight we honor the TigerPact, the gods and our team by sacrificing a small donkey...The traditional Norse celebratory food...

Hamilton:
Quote:
The first half went according to plan.... sort of. It was a real KO fest, and at the end of the half Dieter walked a TD with each team only having 6 players left on the pitch...

The second half started with someone throwing a rock at Dieter and so there were 7 for the TigerPact and the 10 Hrungnirs pretty much had their way with a quick score. Ernest Cox and Ben zambiasi did nothin to help their team... Ben in particular refusing to blitz anything...

Nufflage ensured a second score by the Hrungnirs as Waldemar Jorn bravely jumped in picked up the ball (in a tz) and ran away with it. Several fumbling TigerPact tried to track him down, but to no avail.

GG Opus!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Due to a shortage of goblin seamstresses at the Orcdidas sweatshoppe, the CFFL has been a bit behind in getting its merchandise to the adoring throngs. Some team apparel has begun to trickle out though with the new team logos.

Toronto Orconaughts

Rottawa Rough Risers

Hamilton Tiger-Pact
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

From the Rottawa week 2 game:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3179161

This is Ron Broadcaster reporting live from Frank Cadaver stadium in beautiful Rottawa. That was not pretty, but it was effective football fans.

The Rough Risers must have thought they were in the wrong place as they walked out to thundering boos from some 15,000 Hrungnir fans who had sailed up the Rideau. There were so many the team feared a pitch invasion or thrown rocks, thankfully neither happened, but the Halifax squad was spurned on by the throng.

THe Norsemen won the toss and elected to receive. They sent Waldemar Jørn charging up the sideline, but he was taken down and stunned by Boney Gabriel and never was able to recover well enough to play a role in the first half as zombies moved in to keep him busy dodging cleats. This stalled out the Halifax drive at midfield as the undead swarms surrounded the opposition. Stian Edvin laid a pounding blow on Condredge Fallaway, whose rotting ankle gave out, and he was done for the game. Moments later, in retaliation, the hulking mound of flesh they call "Sloppy" Crushed Edvin from behind, killing him instantly.

Mired in a wall of rotting flesh the Hrungnirs tried to end around, only to be caught by the Rottawa players who managed to capture the ball briefly, but lost it again to a blitzing Norse. Unfortunately the blitzer slipped on a zombie entrails that had fallen lose and fell over, dropping the leather prize. Russ Hackson, Rough Riser ghoul, picked up the ball and escaped the masses, high-stepping it in to take a 1-0 lead at half.

Thankfully Jim Croode awoke to help his home town squad start the second half as they received the kick. Despite the foreboding crowd of hooligans supporting the away team, the kick was uneventful...

**WOAH football fans, looks like we were sabotaged! The Halifax Hooligans managed to destroy or Cabal Vision power supply. Than goodness for Guugle restore points.**

And we're back the report...

The second half saw the Rottawa side box up to defend the ball and wear down the Norse players. They edged the ball to the sidelines and Russ Hackson saw a gap late in the half and went for. Touchdown! And the West side fans went nuts.

Despite the two scores to give the team their maiden win of the season, the West end faithful again voted for their favourite zombie Less Drowned. Hackson meanwhile came under some scrutiny over a doping test sample that was believed to have tested as 'very positive' for Nurgle growth hormones by insiders account. Despite the commotion, nothing came of it in the end, though my spies tell me a league official slipped out the back with a large sack of gold coins.

The team and Hackson hit the road for Mo'real next week, looking to snap some Elfs.
dsavillian

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Due to a shortage of goblin seamstresses at the Orcdidas sweatshoppe, the CFFL has been a bit behind in getting its merchandise to the adoring throngs. Some team apparel has begun to trickle out though with the new team logos.
[snipped logos]

As a CFL fan, I give you mad props for the modified logos Very Happy
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks sir!

Here is the latest one, the BC logo for the Bunibonibee Cree Leaping Lions:

Plan on doing them all eventually.
 Jump to: