41 coaches online • Server time: 16:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2011 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

LIVE FR0M THE CBBBC'S MONTREAL NEWS OFFICE....
It’s Jumboparagon’s week 7 “Player of the week” nominees!!
<<APPLAUSE>>

Well folks, after re-watching all of week 7’s match ups, I must say aside for one, they were all a bit hard to sit through. For the most part, each felt more one sided than the last, and all the emo bones in my body cringed more and more as those on the other side of the one side’s players were haplessly removed from the field....

Following Azure’s logic:

2 Ottawa at Halifax 1
This was the most difficult pick of the week...
Surik's openning preemptive strike was a brilliant display of agility and toughness, however we was taken out not long after (BH on turn 4), so it's difficult to give a nomination to someone that only managed to see 1/4 of a game. He could have been a beast if it wasnt for the boot (cudos to Abe Alofmygutz). His counter dance partner, Stuval, made several attempts at greatness, but each time came up... well way short of of the mark, and ended up cracking open his AV dropping it a point on a failed leap (which must have been extra frustrating given the pixel hugging appraoch employed by their "fowl" coach). The only other player on the Hrungnirs to get his feet wet was the star player Eldril Sidewinder... and we all know why he was expendable...

Going back to Stuval's attempt to preseve the first half lead, it was none other than Gory Organ than ended up collecting the ball during the failed punt attempt. Yes Russ Hackman was his usual reliable self, but it was Organ's quick & nibble hands that help secure the victory, and not give up a point in the standings to the up and coming maritimers.

POW nods:
Halifax: N/A
Ottawa: Gory Organ

0 Saskatchewan at Toronto 2
This one was all about Toronto's armour. Where's Saskatchewan's 9s failed, the Orconaught's held firm. I can see the argument for Zeke Furrowedbrow's strong play, however it was mostly away from the ball, and
was not directly impactful to the outcome. My nod here goes to Lotso Bearhuggin, the STR4 beast of a blitzer. He was all over the map in the first half taking out players left and right, WITHOUT the services of MB. He was hitting harded than a David Suziki nature special, and that included 2 timely KOs of the Gopher's warriors, which made the trot into the endzone possible. And who finished the TD walk? Why none other than Lotso himself!
The only Saskatchewan stand out was it's stable of 1 die blamming warriors. They were made mainly out of desperation, but with such impressive efficiency it's worth mentioning. The multiple knock downs that is.... breaking AV is a whole other ball of wax. Had they gotten through though, it would have been a whole new ball game.

POW nods:
Saskatchewan: N/A
Toronto: Lotso Bearhuggin

1 Hamilton at Montreal 0
Nothing to see here folks.... Hamilton's MVP was Montreal's play. AND THAT'S ALL YOUR GETTING!

POW nods:
In the words of Mr. Adam Sandler (and many others I suppose... I know some old timers that say they used it back in the 60s...) but "eat shit and die" (bitter much...?)

0 Winnipeg at Edmonton 2
This match will likely not draw out a POW winner, but did display grit from several players...
First off, I must say, I was baffled at Winnipeg's lack of furry people. In my humble opinion, the goblins are supposed to compliment the rats in the underworld... not the other way around. But still, coach Macavity employed a man to man strategy VS the blockfull Norse, which made the beats come cheap. +1 for moxie; -1 to the ease of chosing a stand out player since lunch was served on a silver platter.
One such moxiefull goblin was Greg Carr - the little green man that wears his balls on his head in the form of horns. He did manage some impressive 1 die attempts at taking out ball carriers, but alas was lacking the luck needed to finish the take downs. He was however always around the ball, and ended up, albeit briefly, getting a hold of in the 2nd half only to end up as and unwanted spectator... While Odell Willis did manage to rack up the blocks, he also managed to knock himself over... TWICE, which eliminates him from any contention here.
Meanwhile, Larry Highbaugh busy was swatting flies, and earning MVP honors nominated buy a less then astute committee (not a shot at you Azure... I trust your influence doesnt extend as far as picking MVPs on fumbbl Wink I noticed a strong presence from one Bill Zock. The lino with the guard, who always managed to hang out in the few danger areas, got in 2 CAS at the very beginning of the contest (1 by hitting, 1 by being hit and taking out his assailant), and again showing strong play near the end of the match sealing the shut out for the home team.

POW nods:
Winnipeg: Greg Carr
Edmonton: Bill Zock

3 Calgary at BC 2
By far the most entertaining match of week 7. For the first time, flashes of weakness were seen on the side of the Slayers. BC put up one hell of a fight against the league's poster child!
Both nominees so far: Dave Graham & Lucy were stunned before the openning kick off by an over zealous crowd setting the tone for what was an alround superb game of Blood Bowl!
Finally I agree with Azure! Lucy played the game of her life, scoring twice and dropping the hammer on some pervert "trying to make a tackle". The stat line speaks for itself, but for those who missed it, she was consistently isolating herself from the pack making moves towards the ball carrier and applying pressure.
As for Calgary, granted Dave Graham's bomb for the TD at the end of the 1st half was highlight reel material (and classicaly Azurepportunistically timed), I'm going to shock the BB world with my underdog POW honourable mention.....
Norman Bridewell.... who? Exactly. An old time wrestler who makes his living on the line, standing up to the opponent's "bigguns". The subtleties of his play did not go unnoticed by this commentator. He managed a CAS and was, like all my nominees, around the play reeking havoc on the opponent's defences. He even managed to surf the outstanding performer that was Lucy!

POW nods:
Calgary: Norman Bridewell
BC: Lucy

All in all, my top 3 choices:
-Gory Organ
-Lucy
-Norman Bridewell

I'm torn between the 3, but since there can be only 1, I'm going with Lucy to get some fresh perspective on the POW board Wink

This has been Jumboparagon with his take on the events that were displayed during the 7th week of CFFL action, now signing off to make his way to some back alley bookie's to make his "bones" in week 9.
<<end>>
SirAble

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey now... Hamilton did a fine job in the first half... the last 8 turns... well, yeah... lame ;p
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

it's true. and I did mean to go back and rewatch, but it was too painful Razz
sorry, my rant, so default jerkiness set in.
Roseph

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2011 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ok folks looks like edmonton an bc will hit the field wed night. appox 7 pm sask time. (Im on holidays Im not doing anything that involves effort YOU figure out when that is)
Ro
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2011 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Great to hear Ro, that means we have a double header tonight.

EDM vs. BC at 9pm EST (0300 BBtime)

MTL cs. TO at 9:30 EST (0330 BBtime)

Last edited by WhatBall on Sep 13, 2011 - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2011 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

For those who interested in the team logos, I've only had time to do two more recently:

Edmonton (Norse)

Halifax (Woodies) (based on the Atlantic Schooners logo)

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 11 is wrapping up, and with 5 weeks to go the fight to make the playoffs begins to heat up. Who's in and who's out? Will Azure go undefeated all season?

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2011 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to join your league just so I can get a cool CFFL team logo

O_O
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2011 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

dsavillian wrote:
I want to join your league just so I can get a cool CFFL team logo

O_O

Which reminds me, have some more to do. Smile

We'll be recruiting in a few months, keep an eye on this space.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The Orconaughts face off against the Als tonight in Week 12's first game! 9pm ET, possibly earlier.

Can the bruised and bloody elves stop the unbeaten Orcs? With a plethora of dodgers vs a single tackler, some of the elves might well fancy their chances of not being stomped into the dust... The Al's have 220k of other people's money to burn, with Eldril being touted as the most likely beneficiary.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Will try and watch this one, should be entertaining. Toronto or Calgary have to lose eventually.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The Orconaughts narrowly squeezed past the Al's, but were more than a little fortunate to do so!
The Os failed to score on their drive, as the elves bravely threw themselves onto the Orc wall. T8 needed a desperate push, but it was too far and elves were able to recover and hurl the ball downfield for 0-0 at the half.

Second half started with some good pressure from the Os, eventually causing a turnover from a fumbled pass. However with a ST4 elf blitzer around the Orc's weren't able to get the ball safe, but a couple of very friendly bounces, and some bad elf rolls meant the Orcs were able to put in.

Game was played in a very friendly spirit, with no cas for either side, and both sides' star blitzers stopping to sign autographs in the crowd before half time.
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Will try and watch this one, should be entertaining. Toronto or Calgary have to lose eventually.

Week 13 is the big showdown!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2011 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, here's to the two of you beating the heck out of each other before I have to play each of you.