52 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok folks, now is the time, Season 2 is underway!

A couple of notes:

- Welcome to Nightbird as the twelfth team, with his Waterloo Bulls, Chaos Dwarves. Have fun all you Eastern Elfballersâ„¢!

- We will still use Friday/Saturday as the flex days for ending/beginning the new week.

- As the holidays are approaching, the intent is to run weeks one and two, then have a one week break, picking up with week three the first week of January. The extra week will be used to allow some leniency in getting game sin during the holiday time.

- As noted on the previous page fluff, to honour the inception date of this great frozen dominion, the TW cap will be 1867 to start each season. (And because we Canucks simply can not afford the ridiculous salaries of our neighbours in the United Stronghold of the Americas.) If your team is above 1867 TW and you have set your team ready to play, ask an admin nicley in chat to put it back to pending state and hire and fire those cheerleaders!

- No recovery games for MNG, they're still getting over the off season surgery and training camp mishaps.

- Extra TW modifiers: Claw and Piling On will each ad 10K to the TW to calculate the salary cap. I.e. Ottawa is +20 for its 2 wolves, Hamilton +10 for the mino, and Toronto +10K for the PO player.

Finals MVP - I want to do something fun and special for the winners of the Grey Cup and Wooden Ladle each season. I have been told it is possible to give any player a skill they can normally get (regs or doubles) by divine admin intervention (and some icon bartering). Wink The MVP will go to one random player on the cup winners (mubo's Orcs) and be a random skill they can get. I will do random rolls for each in chat with at least 2 witnesses and have the skill applied. So mubo, hold off on readying your squad, there may be a BoB one roll away from Pass Block!

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %12, %2011 - %22:%Dec; edited 3 times in total
SirAble

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

awesome!!!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams that need to get under the cap:
Ottawa
Toronto
Hamilton
Montreal (just barely)

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also thinking the winner of the Wooden Maple Syrup Ladle should also get an MVP skill for hanging tough. Any objections? I don't think one skill is enough incentive to have to hoist the ladle all season.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
The extra week will be used to allow some leniency in getting game sin during the holiday time.

Huuuuummmmmmm........am I a bad person for spotting this and giggling?

As for the wooden spoon question, I think it's fine but I'd say random and no doubles...

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

opusthefowl wrote:
As for the wooden spoon question, I think it's fine but I'd say random and no doubles...

Doubles is half the fun. Imagine Gainer (the Sask BoN) with Leap or Pass.

I noticed that typo right after I did it, too silly to correct. Very Happy

Post 18 Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Extra TW modifiers: Claw and Piling On will each ad 10K to the TW to calculate the salary cap. I.e. Ottawa is +20 for its 2 wolves, Hamilton +10 for the mino, and Toronto +10K for the PO player.

Ahhh but the Winnipeg Claw Bombers get FREE claws ... right? ...right?

Its in their naaaaaame! ... right? Very Happy
polardragon

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay ... nobody is laughing ... tough crowd ...

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

bwahahaha!! Gainer with leap or pass AHAHA!! that is pretty funny!
polardragon

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Gainer with Shadowing ... mostly sad ... but imagine the unlucky elf that *finally* breaks free of the tentacles only to have the Beast throw boxcars and follow into the empty square. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Gainer with leap, lol, just another waste of TW for all of us Smile I accept! haha
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the schedule? I was surprised by PD asking when we could play our week one match. I didn't even know I had an oppo????? A Pm w/ a link maybe?

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

done, just for you my friend
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird, the league site is in my signature. The schedule is linked from there.

The MVPs were rolled:
Toronto's newest player Gari Baldi, rolled Guard. (Damn TO)
And fittingly I suppose for the ladle, Saskatchewan's Lyndsay, the NW, rolled Accurate. :/

I'll see about getting those skills added ASAP.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Waterloo Bulls 1-1 Winnipeg Claw Bombers

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3233750