33 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
latulike

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

We shall have a triple header in that case! Quebec is facing Halifax today for an all-elven match. Somewhere around 8:30 EST.
latulike

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3264058

Quebec 4 - Halifax 0

Nothing much to say from this one-sided match, but the sportmanship shown by Opus who kept playing and stay away from the whining magnet we all know about when things go bad and bad.

Party fest for a few Carnies, Magno had a solid night (1P, 1TD, 1 CAS) with several players out on 11 blocks. Robbie Malalier, our promising future leaper threw a few balls and scored. The team new assassin, Lionel Madhand, notched two TDs to skill up.

Fun fact: Sandrine didn't want to play tonight, she got KO'ed after T2 1st half failed dodge and she never woke up. We are still actively searching a good remady to get her back on tracks...

Bounty on Pringle update: Magno Robervill's full time job as bouncer of the club's gym is paying off. He just learned Dauntless to knock even more easily Mr. Pringle in our W15 match!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Saskatchewan wins! \o/

Congrats, it is well overdue with all those near misses and bad late game rolls.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

SASK Coach TChatter denies strip club rumor

Sasquishywan - Tchatter on Friday refuted an online report that he headed to a strip club only hours after the Gophers won their first game ever, under his leadership.

Tchatter, Gainer and a number of other "huge linemen" were seen partying at Sasquishywan Gentlemen's Club on Thursday night, ScCN news reporter Gromer Jeffers Jr. wrote on his blog.

"Tchatter, wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, danced with a couple of strippers. At one point, he tossed out gold pieces while receiving lap dances. Other Gophers joined him," according to the report.

Tchatter denied being at the club but admitted he went out for "a little bit" and "had a good time." He said he was back at the team hotel by 12:45 a.m.

This is just one more story in recent history concerning coach Tchatter and "extracurricular activities".
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The match started with the Gophers receiving the kickoff. 36,000 cheering fans watched as the Gophers appeared to move forward while the ball was still in the air. The action began immediately, the second block of the game saw a Calgary Thrall leave the pitch with a smashed knee. Followed by Vampire Kate Lam being knocked unconcious. (Maybe nervous from her previous run in with the Gophers when Max Spleenripper sent her to her "death"?) The turn ended with yet another KO and the ball in the Gopher's possesion.

Calgary responded with a Vampire handing Gainer his Maple Syrup ladle (how Calgary aqcuired this is still being investigated), which of course caused him to stand there and lick the ladle with no regard to the match at hand. Calgary began to close in on Shanda, but the turn saw yet another thrall leave the pitch.

The next few plays saw the Gophers move the ball into the Vanquishers half of the field. The Vampire that handed Gainer his ladle was sent to the injured box. Once Gainer realized the ladle had no more syrup on it, he was none to please. (The APO patched the Vamp up though). A thrall avenged his master by KO'ing a Rotter. The rest of the half continued to see more injuries and pressure put on the Gopher's ball carrier. Shanda then ran it in for a 1-0 lead.

The Vanquisher's started their drive with a full 11 players (with Celluci waking up) and began to try and move the ball down the pitch. Gainer sat in the middle and tied up 3 of their Thralls while 2 Vamps battled up at the top of the pitch with 2 Warriors, neither side giving up much ground. Until Vicki Nelson made an excellent pass to Mike Celluci, even with all of the disgusting Gophers around him. The Gophers did all they could to slow Celluci down but nothing was enough. Celluci ran it in for the score, spinning and jumping past four stymied Gopher players. On the ensuing kickoff the fans began to riot and the ref added time to clock, but it wasn't enough for the Gophers to retake the lead. 1-1 being the score heading into half time.

The Vanquishers received the ball to start the second half. Immediately sending a Warrior off the pitch. But Vicki Nelson succumbed to the thirst and headed off into the stands. Gainer moved into position at the line of scrimmage and began to make friends with Lucy and Anthony Calvillo, they all hung out there for quite a long time. Mike Celluci tried to repeat the 1st half and make a run up along the top sideline. The Gophers were in position and were able to slow him down for only a turn. After a dash into the Gophers backfield Mike had the ball popped loose by Alyssa who scooped it up. After Celluci tripped trying to get to her, she made a run deep into the Vanquishers backfield.

Alyssa withstood a blitz by Anothony Calvillo which setup the go ahead score, winning the game 2-1 for the Gophers.

Gainer was key in the victory, keeping Vampires and Thralls tied up at key moments. With Alex P. making the key block to free up Alyssa for the final score.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Was a great game, Azure had sooooo many Blood Lust failures, I didn't count them but looked to be more then should be the norm. Was fun as usual, we each have one match and then Calgary plays us again and will get their revenge I am sure.
latulike

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats tchatter on your first win! I really thought I would happen last week, so almost two in a rows, I believe we have a future contender here Smile

Btw, Pringle died last night, but his doctor was way too good for the league...
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mo'real elf'd their way past Rottawa last night:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3264463

The lack of the Legendary Abe Alofmyguts was apparent as ROTT stuck to their dirty boot game plan from start to finish, but the corps of replacement foulers wernt able to show the same level of elf hated than that of the zombie who haunted the Als visions for oh so many matches (again...I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure all perms on the Als were the result of his bloody boot - fouls that the apoths were helpless to mend).

CFFL showboater Pringle was laid out in the first half, but thankfully due to his fame & fortune was able to hire the league's top surgeon to conserve his longevity. Although coach WhatBall was certainly disapointed by the resurection, commissioner WhatBall must secretly have been pleased as one of the league's top attractions can continue filling the coffers with merch & ticket sales.

Last edited by Jumboparagon on Mar 03, 2012 - 19:56; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Montreal POW nominee: Their apothecary who once again revived Pringle, the second time versus Ottawa this season.

Ottawa' only goal now for the remainder of the season is to inflict as much pain and punishment as it can on its remaining opponents.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

POW XIII: Harold "Prince Hal" Patterson
scored both Mo'real TDs and had a huge sequence on turn 5 of the 2nd half complete with dodging, ball management, and a brilliant punt to secure the victory and set up his 2nd TD of the match.
Jumboparagon

Post 6 Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Ottawa' only goal now for the remainder of the season is to inflict as much pain and punishment as it can on its remaining opponents.

nice to see you get to start off with Hamilton. if fact if you wanted to poor out all your anger in one sitting, would be much obliged
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

[url="https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3265330"]Ottawa 2 - Hamilton 1[/url]

Wow, what a crazy, blood-drenched match that one was. Ottawa came in 100K down and elected to go with 2 babes, though the Igor may have been a better choice.

Ottawa received, and immediately Hamilton got a Blitz! result, storming the back field and surrounding Ottawa. Ottawa fought back, KO'ing a number of Hamilton players, including Dieter Brock who had gotten hold of the ball and tried to run off. Then Big Ben woke up and caused four casualties in four consecutive turns. Meanwhile, Ottawa managed to knock out 6 Hamilton players, kill up and comer Ralph Sazio, and score the go ahead TD.

Hamilton tried to counter by tossing their Goblin, but Ed George was hungry and had a snack instead.

The second half started with all the Hamilton KOs returning to the field (no babes) and Hamilton managing to continue to pile up the casualties. By the end of it they had caused 8 casualties, with only 2 regenerating. Hamilton got the ball deep and scored with four turns remaining, expecting to capitalize on a shrunk Ottawa team.

Some lucky rolls and a well timed set of double-skulls opened up a small window for Whit Sucker, who dodged and sprinted for the EZ, and the Ottawa win.

The game was an emotional roller coaster. At times looking to be sewn up early, or lost completely. Well played as always by SirA. I really hate Ben...

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Mo'real/Waterloo tied over pies.... oh so many delicious delicious pies!!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3265686
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 15 is underway

Calgary 0 - 2 Ottawa

Calgary came to Ottawa with a full roster of 16 players looking for a fight, and instead they had every dirty trick and all manner of bad luck heaped upon them. Ottawa won the toss, and after some deliberation, elected to receive. It turned out to be the right call.

Calgary set up on the newly sodded pitch. The garlic plants giving off a strange aroma and colouration to the standard grass. The wooden spikes throughout the grounds also bothered the thralls and worried the vampires. Ottawa instantly started laying out thralls and blitzing vampires. The entire first half was a whirlwind of ugliness for Calgary. Ottawa managed to badly hurt 4 vampires on a combination of blocks and fouls and knockout another 4. Meanwhile, Calgary's attempts to lay some hurt were met with by a stern referee's whistle and an ejected player, while the dwindling vampires fed off their own team, even badly hurting one. The heavily biased reffing may have had something to do with a large bag of gold exchanged after a particularly nasty Ottawa foul. It seemed to be enough to last most of the game. At the end of the half Whit Sucker showboated his way across the line while the sole remaining Calgary player, Kate Lam, turtle on the field, either hiding or sneakily trying to draw an obvious foul. 1-0 Ottawa.

The second half started surprisingly with a full Calgary roster on the field, as only Celluci was not able to regenerate or shake off a knock out. Ottawa kick Less Drowned elected to put the ball close to the line and off to the side to try and pressure the vampires. Calgary was able to recover the ball, but found themselves quickly under pressure as Gory Organ was able to hold the line against a series of ineffectual vampire blocks. A huge scrum ensued at centre field and Tom Clawments was able to take down the ball carrier. Calagary picked it up again, only to drop a pass, allowing Ottawa to recover and get it to Moe Latrine who ran clear to safety. Calgary had a chance to not get shut out late in the game, but as with the rest of the game, the catch roll came up a one and the ball was dropped.

Final 2-0 Ottawa.

Editor's note: This was probably the single worst dicing I have seen in CFFL history. Between almost every Ottawa foul BH'ing a vamp, the failed BL rolls, the failed blocks, the ejections on almost every Calgary foul, and the first time in ages I can remember having RRs (multiple) at the end of a game.

The silver lining is that I'm confident Azure used up so much bad luck with the dice that he will definitely win the Warpstone today.

Good luck Azure, we'll be there, throwing rocks at those evil elves!

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI, I am starting to update the trophy case with the rest of the merit badges. Still some place holder badges in there and writing to do, but I may get it done later today.

Looking forward to the season two badge pinning ceremony soon.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't miss Montreal trying to stay onto the pitch and desesperatly trying to grab a tie against their most hated rivals - Quebec City, tonight on CBBBC, 9PM EST!!
tchatter

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I need to change my team name..."Saskatoon Sirens officially became the fourth named franchise of LFL Canada, whose inaugural season is set to kickoff on August 25, 2012." Smile Or at the very least I'll have to change my player pictures. Smile
 Jump to: