41 coaches online • Server time: 18:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
polardragon

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

EDM vs WIN is tentacled ...er ... tentatively scheduled for Tuesday at 7PM MDT, 8PM CDT 9pm EDT on your local CBBC station.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3268333

Quebec City 2 - Montreal 1

Quebec steals another game vs. their most hated rivals. Two back-to-back wins vs. the Al's put serious doubts into JumboParagon's head about his wannabe Grey-Cup holders.

QC counted on the solid help of Hubris, the Dark Mr.Pringle. It was an epic battle between those two all game long. Hubris stripping the ball off Harold in mid-first half so the Carnies could take back the ball and score 1-0 at half time.

*** That TD was higly expensive as the team star blitzer and POTW 9, Magno Robervill, died over a vicious foul from Diamond Ferri. ***

No doctor was available for QC since Tovurkax Caméus needed his aid to heal a -ST injury.

MTL scores an easy TD on the 2nd half drive. Mr. Pringle caused 3 CAS and even intercepted a ball meanwhile. I believe 75% of his AV rolls were 10+ (!!!) He truly remember his 6-turns game during the "La Série" last game.

A bit of a scramble happens in mid-2nd half during a foul attempt over Pringle. MTL knocks QC's ball carrier and Pringle catches the ball to secure the possession. QC's team captain Idaak Clawwarper shone high enough and blocked the CFFL star with a POW so his team gets the ball back and notch a rushing TD from Hoxottar Maranda.

A tight game, hardly fought by both coaches, Pringle cleary gets the honorable mention, but since MTL loses, we will laugh at him (once again!).

QC's POTW nominee: Idaak Clawwarper, for his all-game toughness and the impressive and critical 1db POW over Pringle so QC scores their 2nd and winning TD.
polardragon

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3268738
Edmonton 1-1 Winnipeg

This was a positional battle of attrition. Edmonton received and blocked their way upfield. Their offense stalled in the face of Winnipeg's strong D and a key double skull opened the door for Winnipeg to score the defensive TD on T7 of the first half.

Winnipeg was short handed starting their second half offensive drive. Edmonton's pressure nearly had the Bombers pinned to the sideline but Winnipeg managed to maintain control while the Inuit filled their bench with KO'd beasts and warriors.

Chris Walby spent most of the half roaring on the ground. He finally got to his feet for a key blitz and triple skulled, the loner reroll was successful but he KO'd himself with the triple both-down result.

Edmonton swarmed, sacked the ball carrier and passed out of reach of the ragtag remnants of the Bomber side.

Winnipeg's wild card drive for 3rd place and a playoff spot is officially as twice dead as a staked vampire.

Rik the kicker sealed his mega-gold endorsement contracts with yet another MVP. This guy must ooze charisma out every pore, proving its not always onfield performance that makes one great, its how well ya work the crowd...

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

polardragon wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3268738
Edmonton 1-1 Winnipeg

This was a positional battle of attrition. Edmonton received and blocked their way upfield. Their offense stalled in the face of Winnipeg's strong D and a key double skull opened the door for Winnipeg to score the defensive TD on T7 of the first half.

Winnipeg was short handed starting their second half offensive drive. Edmonton's pressure nearly had the Bombers pinned to the sideline but Winnipeg managed to maintain control while the Inuit filled their bench with KO'd beasts and warriors.

Chris Walby spent most of the half roaring on the ground. He finally got to his feet for a key blitz and triple skulled, the loner reroll was successful but he KO'd himself with the triple both-down result.

Edmonton swarmed, sacked the ball carrier and passed out of reach of the ragtag remnants of the Bomber side.

Winnipeg's wild card drive for 3rd place and a playoff spot is officially as twice dead as a staked vampire.

Rik the kicker sealed his mega-gold endorsement contracts with yet another MVP. This guy must ooze charisma out every pore, proving its not always onfield performance that makes one great, its how well ya work the crowd...

It was a fantastic game. The only critical turnovers were on blocks, both leading to defensive touchdowns.

That's what Blood Bowl is all about!

Rik gets my nomination for POTW: 15. A casualty, the game tying touchdown plus the MVP.

For those counting, that's Rik's 6th MVP this season.
mubo

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had to rearrange tonight's planned game with Opus... hopefully to be played on Friday.
latulike

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

lol @ rik the favorite stripper Smile

he'll get my vote this week, you bet!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 16 kicked off with The Gophers beating the Vanquishers 2-1 and moving to within a point of third place in the West. It was an all-rookie affair for the Gophers as all their SPPs (except the MVP) came from unskilled rookie players. This team is looking more and more fierce after finally getting the first win out of the way and breaking their curse.

Can the Gophers go from the Ladle to making the playoffs in one year? Edmonton needs to watch their backs.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2012 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 16 Action
Winnipeg at Ottawa
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3271194
A 2-1 loss to the Roughrisers. The Bombers killed two Ottawa players, Rottawa replenished their bench by killing Obby Khan.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2012 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

For those looking for hard hitting and carnage, the Winnipeg/Rottawa tilt did not disappoint. Expecting as much, Winnipeg used their extra cash to load up on an extra apothecary, a beastly babe, and a bag of gold for the referee. Rottawa lost the coin toss and Winnipeg elected to receive.

From the get go, the Bombers started laying out Rottawa players left and right. Stian Edvin died on the first turn on LoS duty as his team mates were stunned and knocked out all around him. Winnipeg huddled up and brought the ball in behind the wall. In retaliation, Rottawa took Chris Greaves out of the game and then swarmed the Bombers, coming in from all sides. Tom Clawments blitzed Buck Pierce from behind and took him down. The ball dropped into the centre of the massive scrum and sat there a few turns as pure chaos ensued. In the melee Pierce and and another goat were badly hurt and four Ottawa players were knocked out. Mino Chris Walby pushed an Ottawa player onto the ball, bouncing it right into Ken Klawmanns hands. He handed off to Clawments, and he was off and free. Meanwhile, the scrum kept going right until turn eight when Clawments high-stepped it in for the score. Unfortunately, Whit Sucker the ghoul was killed in the melee.

Rottawa received for the second half, but the failure of any KO'ed players to wake up and the two deaths meant fielding 7 players versus 9. The Rough Risers set out to score a quick second touch down and charged up the side lines. As more Rottawa players continued to end up on the pitch or out, Clawments made a daring blitz to break out into open field. He was able to hold off the Winnipeg blitz and score for a 2-0 lead.

Rottawa was able to wake up a few players and was able to field 10 to try and stop Winnipeg. They concentrated on bashing skulls and slowing Winnipeg enough to avoid two scores. Jerry Clampwell, with an embalming fluid tear in his eye in memory of gentle Abe Alofmygutz and those fallen that night, put a devestating block on Obby Khan. Finally seeing the light, Khan decided to join Rottawa as unresuscitated free agent. Winnipeg's Buck Pierce, back from the healing hands of the apoth, was able to blitz the ball in for a score.

A riot ensued in the later stages of the game as blood hungry fans stormed the field, but it was not enough for Winnipeg.

Final 2-1 Rottawa

This was wildly entertaining and frustrating all at the same time. Thanks for another enjoyable match PD.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2012 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
unresuscitated free agent

+1 Laughing

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3271553

Quebec City 2 - Halifax 0

Another one-sided game for Quebec against Halifax, which continued on the same bad luck for Opus. Game started with a Blitz! for Quebec and Halifax suffered from it. Then 2nd half went with double ones, and failed dodges for Halifax. Opus did try a few times to score but Nuffle didn't want to see that.

Idaak, the Carnies' captain, showed his leadership supremacy by not only being tied at the most game played for the team, but retreiving a serious candidate status to the team's top star. His rolled his third skill and gives his teammate another precious Reroll.
lwCoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2012 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey!

I stumbled across then and squeeked like a skaven with delight; being Canadian myself and a fan of the CFL, this league definitely strikes a chord with me.

I do notice that you have 2 even divisions right now; are y'all acceptning new teams?
dsavillian

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2012 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

lwCoyote wrote:
Hey!

I stumbled across then and squeeked like a skaven with delight; being Canadian myself and a fan of the CFL, this league definitely strikes a chord with me.

I do notice that you have 2 even divisions right now; are y'all acceptning new teams?

If this is the person I think it is, I can vouch for him as he plays in my table top group.
lwCoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

dsavillian wrote:
lwCoyote wrote:
Hey!

If this is the person I think it is, I can vouch for him as he plays in my table top group.

Yep, hay dave! Didnt know you were on fumbbl. Cool =)
dsavillian

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

lwCoyote wrote:
dsavillian wrote:
lwCoyote wrote:
Hey!

Yep, hay dave! Didnt know you were on fumbbl. Cool =)

I do. and my norse team is terrible
 Jump to: