16 coaches online • Server time: 05:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The inaugural BB7's Christmas Classic will be kicking off Dec 24. Ill be there along with Sandy Claws, Will you?

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7712
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The group page is still a bit under construction, but since the kick-off is in less then a week, we thought it would be better to publish it right away. Smile

Feel free to ask question (it'll also help us optimizing the group page)!

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

No grandfathered teams I assume?

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunately Grandfathered teams will not be eligible until all their grandfathered players are no longer on the team.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

too nice a prize to pass up, I'll definitely be in.
Churchill

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, apply your teams then. Wink

The first round will have 10 days to be finished, to take into account Christmas holidays. So, basically no reason not to participate!

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Early on and already 5 teams have shown up to the tourney. With another 3-4 saying their coming
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought you could pick your prize, but now I see you get Sandy Claws as another of your race? Seems very unequal. Why the heck would High Elfs want another thrower, while everyone else gets an offensive positional? Should be a single player type of one race, predetermined, that the winner gets. Just my two cents...

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

We are not able to add anything but a player that would have a free slot left on a regular roster. The thrower seems odd to more than just you, so I'll probably change it to a blitzer (although I find that kind of boring... on the other hand I don't like Sandy being an elf anyway Very Happy).

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunate. Going to make a team that can take a BG very strong if they win it. Won't do a whole lot for non-BG teams. Blitzer is way better for Elves, but a Snow Troll for the winner (any winner) would be the best fit as Sandy Claws.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Why the heck would High Elfs want another thrower, while everyone else gets an offensive positional?

A thrower is still a lineman with two extra skills (at least one very useful in 7s) and passing access (leader!) for only 20k more.

Now I remember my reasoning as well (it was late at night):

I didn't want Sandy to be a runner/receiver type (too much a team player for the old loner). I didn't want him to be strong without drawbacks (witch is at least another AV 7 player with frenzy) and while pro-elves suffer from being squishy in 7s (and their throwers are not too interesting), a second blitzer for HEs would be a very strong boost without changing the team (like a big guy does).

I don't claim it to be balanced at all, by the way. However, only one team gets the advantage, and an advantage it should be in every case. So you might want a big guy more than a high elf thrower, but in the end, won't you apply the team that has the best chances on winning the whole thing? Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

currently have 12 teams with another 3-4 people saying they plan to enter, get your teams signed up should be a good tournament!!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

But fewer teams increase my chances to win... I want to win this! So please, stay away! Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Razz

Wait, aren't you entering your zombies? Very Happy

-Blader
 Jump to: