26 coaches online • Server time: 09:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm curious what people think of the new teams and balance issues - there seems to be a dearth of threads on this topics that I can find on the net, so I'm asking the experts.

Do you think Nurgle's Rotters, Khemri, Elf and Necromantic teams are balanced at all levels of development?

I'm too new to have an opinion, but I've checked the stats page and it seems as if the 'elf' team is way at the top of the list, the Rotters and the Khemri are right in the middle and the Necromantic team are at the bottom of the ladder, right above Norse, Human, Chaos, Goblin and Halfling...

Any experts want to comment?

Buttercup
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf at +200 TR are almost unstoppable. With a thrower with strong arm or nerves of steel its a matter of who scores last. I am grooming an elf team (TR170 now) and have played a 200+ team so not a ton of experience.

But there are a lot of woodie teams that are unstoppable too.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont like most of the new teams and khemri with 4 guys with str5 without being BG is a little bit CHEAT ....( please admin or Sky delete khemri's teams).
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Most people are so horrified of four mummies that they didn't stop to notice the over the top crack stupidness of 4 str 3 catchers with nos. Since most people play to keep there players alive first and winning is secondary to them no one really cares about a team that is unstopable to score with and with the right skills can muster a very effective defence. Rotters are a little underpowered compared to real chaos imo but i think they were supposed to be anyway. Necro and khemri are pretty well balanced as far as i can tell though.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Christ, it doesn't matter what Online game you play there's always a in-blanace issue being discussed by the players.
UO when necros first came out "Oh god there too hard!" <-- then everyone realised they can't cure poison without use of another skill or potions.
WW2OnLine the axis forces and units are apparently to powerful compared to their real world counterparts, its actually just an issue of numbers imbalance, no one really wants to play the french lol.
Even on Biosphere (or Biosfear i forgot how it was spelt) people were complaining about a single class that was far greater than all the others, i forget which i played it for 3 hours got bored and quit.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Khemri are the ultimate power team. They can't score quickly, and frankly a good offensive coach can light them up.

Necros are a rather strange team. They are really centered on those wolves more then any other team is centered on 1 or 2 players, IMO. With mv8 and catch they are good catchers. However, since they have claw you don't necessarily want to mark them either. Further having frenzy changes how you play the sidelines against them.

Don't have much experience with or against the new Elves.

Rotters are basically just weaker chaos - though having tons of FA can drive elf coaches nuts...if you can get one to play you that is. Smile
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Buttercup wrote:
So I'm curious what people think of the new teams and balance issues - there seems to be a dearth of threads on this topics that I can find on the net, so I'm asking the experts.

Actually, such topics might better be discussed on www.talkbloodbowl.com
Quote:
Do you think Nurgle's Rotters, Khemri, Elf and Necromantic teams are balanced at all levels of development?

No. I think that Khemri are too strong, if you play them properly. Many players don't and others just go for the casualities anyhow.
Quote:
I'm too new to have an opinion, but I've checked the stats page and it seems as if the 'elf' team is way at the top of the list, the Rotters and the Khemri are right in the middle and the Necromantic team are at the bottom of the ladder, right above Norse, Human, Chaos, Goblin and Halfling...

As I said, I assume that these stats should be interpreted very cautiously, since many players out there want to break casuality-records more than anything else, others are simply not experts. And not all coaches are equally good with every race.
Quote:
Any experts want to comment?

I'd consider myself familiar with Wood Elves. From that perspective I'd say that these new Elves are definitely the best Elf-team around, at least far better than Wood Elves.

Last edited by Frankenstein on Feb 23, 2004 - 22:27; edited 1 time in total
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think all the new teams, save elves, are a good balance. Khemri have 4 str 5 guys, but can only have the rest with str 3 and a majority have AV 7, which sucks. Rotters are good for getting str 4 guys, if you're lucky with infect, but most players don't have regen to balance this. Necro is just like swil said, more of a "weaker" undead. Elves, though, can quickly be turned into one-turners and become the so-called bastardized teams. NOS means they just about never drop the ball, and an ag5 one-turner will ALWAYS score, just about.

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't think khemri have what it takes to be competitive at hi tr agianst the real bashy teams like dwarves, chaos and chaos dwarves. They are very limited in the number of guard players they can take and developing skeletons is next to impossible. On top of this they can only ever really have 6 mighty blow players which is a laughable number compared to hi tr dwarves or chaos with claws and razor claws. Khemri just aren't as good at bashing as some of the other teams out there, they are just good at bashing out of the box where the other teams take a little more time to develope. Khemri start strong but take good team management to stay good at high levels.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

As an undead player, I am having a very hard time with the necros, as my 120 players keep dying and my 30K players keep getting my MVPs... The Khemri are pretty easy to play, assuming I can get someone to play me...

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Khemri, Necro and Rotters are unbalanced and I will tell you why.
(first, why I dont mention elves are because there are so few agility teams that it is terrible to even think about)

Khemri: 4 st 5 players with mighty blow. This says it all but they also have players with block, surehands and pass not to mention that their linemen costs 30 or is it 40K? This sets their strength rating far lower than it should.

Necro: Now this is a really really unbalanced team. First they have 2 Flesh golems that have Standfirm and st 4. Standfirm is a double roll skill and extremely good to start with. Werewolves have Claws, another very power double roll skill that is terrible in the first few games, catch and Frenzy (ahh another double roll skill...think we forgot how many they actually start with). Frenzy and claw in combo is terrible in my eyes. Not to forget that these guys also have great stats. MA 8, ST 3, AG 3, AV 8....sigh.
This team also have blockers (wights) and ghouls (passers,dodgers) and again very cheap linemen. This team have it all and much more.

Rotters: Well, perhaps the most "balanced" team of the three but they still have their nice rotters with 2!!! double roll skills to start with (Standfirm and Foul Appearance) and they can even get these suckers for free by having a beast of nurgle although it needs to kill a player (but what the heck, it have foul appearance, tentacles and infect) This beast is a bad ass mojo.

All in all, these teams, as some say, is to make flavour. HAHAHA yeah more bloody flavor on the pitch that is. These teams should be removed and banned from bloodbowl (my opinion since they also ruin the old undead team) or they should be changed drastically.
JFK

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea all bashy teams shoudl be banned and we will play elf ball:)
Someone forgot that game that he is playing i called BLOOD BOWL!!!!
None of this teams is unbalanced, elfs have shity linemans, but cool catchers.
Necro have nice wearwolfs but they die easy, and only 6 players who can play ball, where only 2 of them have regeneration...
And nurglle...i really like them, byt there are only few good nurglle teams, and beastmans dies like flies.
Khemri..we all know u can win with them, but next match is recowery, but more bashy and deadly in high TR are chaos and nurglle.
All teams have good and bad sides, and i dont think that any of those teams are unbalanced.
I coudl be wrong
farung

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played them all, and I have had a hillariously good time doing it. Different teams need different tactics thats all, hell, even dwarfs can run circles around mummys... Sure it's hard to win the game against elves but as has allready been written no DE/HE/WE team is easy with AG5 NOS catchers, wich they all develop at some point or the other.... The teams are official and demands a deeper tactical understanding of all teams, how the hell is that bad??

they aren't going anywhere soon, better just deal with it, and btw open IS there to play the games you want to. Don't like it? start a tournament.....

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

JFK wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Dude, these "shity linemans" (some might say "shitty linemen") are by far the best lineelves of all 4 elf-races.
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael wrote:
JFK wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Dude, these "shity linemans" (some might say "shitty linemen") are by far the best lineelves of all 4 elf-races.
How do you figure that? They either trade -1MV to WE lineman for 10k less cost or do the same with DE, HE for -1AV. I think both of you are out to lunch.
 Jump to: