80 coaches online • Server time: 22:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post 22 Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Just out of curiosity where have these changes originated from? Playtest Vault? House Rules? TBB Discussion? Spec. Games asked fumbbl to try it out? Or is it an in house thing?

I think it will be fun just wondering about the "pedigree" of the change.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

www.talkbloodbowl.com
cataphract

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

thumbs up to the changes!

-removing apoths as a team staple is grand
-removing the randomness of aging and replacing it with neg winnings is great as you have some control on the degredation of your team. It adds another element of team managment and replaces something unmanageable.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

With these new changes to division x will games played in division x still affect my coach ranking?
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm....the only thing i am curious about is ogre teams being able to afford an apothecary and still keep up with the cost of dead goblins
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
thumbs up to the changes!

-removing apoths as a team staple is grand
-removing the randomness of aging and replacing it with neg winnings is great as you have some control on the degredation of your team. It adds another element of team managment and replaces something unmanageable.

I second that! Very Happy
And apoth freebooted at 10k helps new teams/coaches a lot! Cool

With this rule changes all 3 major problems of Blood Bowl (PO, difficulties developing new teams, ageing) would be solved!
has

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

For us slightly absent-minded coaches, it would be nice if there would be an option "always freeboot apothecary if cash available" so one doesn't have to remember the freebooting step before each match.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I like aging just fine but I really really like the negative winnings and freebooted apoth. It adds more to the team management side of the game which is good imo.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope that they allow already made Dx teams to kep using the old rules. I have had serious bad luck with an Ogre team's FF rolls. However, I would like to make new teams and try it out.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You know what's weird? Most of the people who reply to this message joined up on August 2nd. Sounds like a dumb thing to notice, but I felt like making a 2nd post.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to freeboot an apoth? I didn't, and it's a good thing...

cataphract

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
You know what's weird? Most of the people who reply to this message joined up on August 2nd. Sounds like a dumb thing to notice, but I felt like making a 2nd post.

actually most people joined up before August 2nd... but august second was the day the "date joined" thing was added

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I hope that they allow already made Dx teams to kep using the old rules. I have had serious bad luck with an Ogre team's FF rolls. However, I would like to make new teams and try it out.

AMEN!!! I only created my DivX teams because we have a limit of 5 open teams and I like to play a variety of races. I have no interest in playing with these new rules and don't want to trash the DivX teams I've started.

Don't convert the division that already exists, kill the Ladder league and replace it with the no aging league. If you really are gonna use this as an experiment, you cant convert teams that have built up their TR using traditional rules and then try and see how they survive under the new rules. It is not scientifically sound. The only way to correctly test it is to have various races all starting at TR100 and building from there.

In a related matter, Chriister can you please soothe the pain and open up some more slots for open teams. With the new races added, there arent really enough open slots to get a variety of races/TRs right now. Especially if you have no interest in the non-ageing league.

Thanks
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

has wrote:
For us slightly absent-minded coaches, it would be nice if there would be an option "always freeboot apothecary if cash available" so one doesn't have to remember the freebooting step before each match.

Silly idea, should there also be big red flashing light that you remember make every block and try to score? Wink
Youll remember your apo after you have forgot it couple times, besides its easy to reemmeber to buy the apo when you check out the new skills and buy new players anyway.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
I have no interest in playing with these new rules and don't want to trash the DivX teams I've started.

There is button on the page that transfers team into tournament division. Many people would have liked to keep the old PO and WA but for some reason they were not allowed to keep playing with old rules in Open while others are playing with new ones.

Quote:
kill the Ladder league and replace it with the no aging league.

Killing the league that is truely unique and bring variety would be very very evil thing.

Quote:
The only way to correctly test it is to have various races all starting at TR100 and building from there.

Having old teams with high tr will show efects of negative winnings just faster. We dont need to build up those teams to witness how much trimming is needed.

New rules are sound nice to me. With teams that dont suffer much from injuries like orcs and dwarfs the negative winnings will take a nice bite and range of tr/str in teams will hopefully be cutted so that those boring tr 300-400 teams will be more historical than every day stuff.
 Jump to: