31 coaches online • Server time: 09:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2011 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
Since the Black Cup seemed perfect to run into with a Skaven team, nice for Clawmbpo killers, and quite desperate for vampires, Principi are back, and ready to ransack!

But lets move to serious teams; i've spotted a nice match combination, worth a look:

WMD's vs Keine Gnade

They'll fight for the clawmbpo crown, and the winner will face... nothing less than Azure Claw Squad!

Predicting isnt easy but, there will be blood!

(and we're all happy when those monster killers spend some match maiming each other Twisted Evil )

Azure Claw Squad came out winners against WMDs. The WMDs lost a nice Clawpomber while we suffered a few minor injures to our minotaur and a hobgoblin.

Still have our sights set on revenging our only loss in the last dozen games against the Principi. Keep on winning Tarabaralla....we are coming for you!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone confirm that I have the draw sorted right?
Am I right in thinking this could be the quarter finals?

Living Legend vs Wheel of Chaos
10tacle Experiment vs Griefers Gonna Grief
BattleAxe Men vs Principi
[BB] Kryzak Bulls vs Azure Claw Squad

I think Wheel of Chaos will be favourites as they should be able to hire a wiz in every game.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="JimmyFantastic"]Can someone confirm that I have the draw sorted right?

Hoping Defend! can stop Stonetroll, but we will be without a clawpomber for that match, assuming Stone wins another Smile
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Since this post lacks some though predicions, i'll try to give it a boost predicting the outcome to the last-sixteen stage!
If my prediction will fail, i'll pay the forfeit playing Ogres in the box for a week...

1st last-sixteen matchup:

Phantom Limb
VS
Plagueboy Mansion

Here a really close matchup. The Plagueboys will face a stronger team, in terms of simple muscles, but wisely emplying their skills will balance the match, hoping in blodge a lot. I'd say a 2-1 for Plagueboy Mansion, with the lack of nurgle's tackles deciding the match and some great play from wolves.

Beverly Blackorcs
VS
Academic Overachieving Lot

Here the Academics would like to have the chance to buy more than 2 starplayers... the match seems already written, cant even be defined a 'mirror' match, since a billion skills more makes the BB really looking supernatural compared to their opponents. I'll do the simplest guessing: 2-0 for the Beverlys

So it seems we'll have Plagueboy Mansion against Beverly Blackorcs to fight for a place in the last-sixteen.
Here the orcs will be probably less tired (=injuried) from the last match, and will easily outstrenght the necros... will the wolves save it with some other crazy play? Imho they wont, 2-1 for the Beverlys Razz

And we have our first predicted team in the final stage!

2nd last-sixteen matchup:

Here we'll have 3 teams:
Small White Lie

Lady Orkzz

Blackbox Undead

Fighting for the right to be maimed by Living Legend. What a luck!

Seems that the CDs have a bit of edge against the Orcs, even if their clawmbpo monster has MA3 Laughing .. but probably the CDs will get great advantage from the 'short' opponent team, with an 11 men only setup, excluding the chance of a star. Anyway, they'll have then to face some serious booting from the Undeads. Here getting back the 3rd st4 blocker (!) will prove to be the key: they'll have the bashing edge, but will miss some guarder (poor clawmbpo generation...) and probably, with some cautios positioning, get grinded down by the undeads.
All this pain and suffering, but in the end the Chaos team will enjoy his killing abilities dozens of times against regenerating opponents. Numbers wont help undeads much, they'll leave the pitch too quickly and lack some freakish player able to make the opponents pay for their disastous positional play, due to Piling On abuse. 2-1 for the Living Legends.

Here we are with the second team in the final stage!

Next 14 teams: coming soon![/b]
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Awwww such a pain to start my predictions, and someone already predicted the quarters!?
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Can someone confirm that I have the draw sorted right?

I think Wheel of Chaos will be favourites as they should be able to hire a wiz in every game.

Thank you for the support, unfortunately right after someone backs me to win I usually choke or get nuffled Smile

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Since Jimmyfantastic already predicted BC quarters, i wont go on with my last-sixteen prediction wich results outdated, but i'd like to see if there are enough coaches to start a challenge:
Who will guess more quarters' teams?

Everyone can do his bets, adding a forfeit to pay if he's not the one with the best prediction.

Are you ready for the challenge?

My prediction:

Beverly Blackorcs vs Lustrian Lanterns

sexy ogrex 2 vs Daba ambiente a la habitacion!

BattleAxe Men vs Charlie and Lola

Golden Unit vs Azure Claw Squad

My forfeit:

Playing Ogres in Blackbox for a week Confused
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

wow that is a truely huge forfeit. I look forward to seeing how you cope with ogres Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

lol wow Tarabaralla, betting against yourself with a huge forfeit??
I didn't even see Daba ambiente a la habitacion! it does look rather good.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimmyfantastic wrote:

Tarabaralla wrote:

Beverly Blackorcs vs Lustrian Lanterns
BattleAxe Men vs Charlie and Lola
Golden Unit vs Azure Claw Squad

My Predictions:
Blackbox Undead vs BileBox
Defend! vs Daba ambiente a la habitacion!
Armored Deficiencies vs Azure Claw Squad

My Wager:
Halflings only in the Box for a week. (Would do Ogres, but Tara's already claimed them.)
Aries

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait so this forfeit is if any of your 8 are wrong or whomever of the 2 of you guesses less correctly plays the forfeit? Rules are unclear.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Aries wrote:
Wait so this forfeit is if any of your 8 are wrong or whomever of the 2 of you guesses less correctly plays the forfeit? Rules are unclear.

However many people enter - anyone who does not get the most right plays the forfeit.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My prediction:

Beverly Blackorcs vs Wheel of Chaos

[B] Leaping Squirrels vs Principi

Blackbox Police vs Azure Claw Squad

I'll take a single team of goblins for 25 games before I can play any other team. (would say a week, but I'm not as active Very Happy)
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Aries wrote:

However many people enter - anyone who does not get the most right plays the forfeit.

Thats the way it works!

In the end two other bravehearted entered the challenge, conratulations! Jimmyfantastic accepted too if he's not too fearful to make his wager..

And i'm sure there are still a few coaches willing to try to foretell the quarters but too lazy to check most of BC teams... cmon, applications for the challenge are still open Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

My wager is, if I lose I will play 9 more games with my ogre team before using anything else.(yeah ok it's not too exciting but I don't like playing Bloodbowl)

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on Jul 29, 2011 - 14:43; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: