42 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2011 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here's the deal. We all love to whine and moan about overpowered skills and combos in BB and reflect at length on how badly they break the game. Since it is such a popular topic, why not extend the luxury to other games and activities.

The premise is simple, pick a game or activity, state the key component that is overpowered, define why it is overpowered, and summarize just how badly it breaks the game/activity.

I'll start it off:

Garlic is way too Overpowered!

The garlic in Plants versus Zombies is ridiculously overpowered because it allows you to easily turn 5 lanes into 2, reducing the need for any strategy or skill. It is way undervalued and regenerates far too quickly. It completely breaks PvZ, making the game simplistic and dull.

Feel free to discuss and/or tell us your own overpowered pet peeve.
Xanthania

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The queen in chess is overpowered! It can move like a rook and a bishop, so what is the point in even having the other pieces? Teams will simply evolve to have 1 king, 2 knights, 8 pawns and 5 queens. And the only reason to even have the pawns will be to promote them to queens!

This is why I don't play chess.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Mosler MT900S in Forza Motorsport 3 is more OP than anything. Labelled a road car that handles better than a prototype and can have bits added here and there to do anything upto and including round trips to the moon.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Xanthania"]Teams will simply evolve to have 1 king, 2 knights, 8 pawns and 5 queens. And the only reason to even have the pawns will be to promote them to queens!
quote]

Yes but with this initial set up, your ff is terrrible and you can't get an apo.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sorcerer class in Diablo was overpowered. Once you got a few levels under your belt, you could run around in just a couple of rings and amulet and kick other classes' posterior.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yun in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is overpowered.
It not so much because of his incredible good moveset, but because of the frame data of those moves - an overhead thats safe on block???
And don't get me even started on ex-rushpunch.

Daigo playing him is even more overpowered Smile
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Facebook is insanely overpowered. Seriously.

A) You can't leave it. EVER! Go ahead, try. When you try to leave FB it turns into a psycho clingy girlfriend that demands endless reasons why you're breaking up and forces you to go through dozens of checks, capatchas and passwords. After 10 minutes of "It's not you, it's me" and "no i'm not leaving you for that skank Twitter" you finally recieve a message to tell you that you've succesfully broken up. Then it tells you it's keeping all your stuff but if you just log back in it's all waiting for you as if you never left. WTF??? I went through all that to just be logged out?? And go ahead and try and get a restraining order against Facebook. The courts treat you like you're nuts.

B)My fiance LOVES fb. I have no idea what she does on it but she spends hours on it. I use it to check if anyone i know died today. She goes on it in the evening if i'm playing on WoW or Fumbbl and the damn thing imediately steals ALL the bandwidth even after we upgraded. My games lag like a drunk trying to acheive a semi in a brothel and eventually drop out. How can "lol.. yeah.. how r u 2day?" require so much of my damn bandwidth??

Ok.. i'm calm now

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to write the first post: ~5 minutes

Providing an opportunity for Paul Hicks to vent about FB: Priceless.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
Facebook is insanely overpowered. Seriously.

A) You can't leave it. EVER! Go ahead, try. When you try to leave FB it turns into a psycho clingy girlfriend that demands endless reasons why you're breaking up and forces you to go through dozens of checks, capatchas and passwords. After 10 minutes of "It's not you, it's me" and "no i'm not leaving you for that skank Twitter" you finally recieve a message to tell you that you've succesfully broken up. Then it tells you it's keeping all your stuff but if you just log back in it's all waiting for you as if you never left. WTF??? I went through all that to just be logged out?? And go ahead and try and get a restraining order against Facebook. The courts treat you like you're nuts.

B)My fiance LOVES fb. I have no idea what she does on it but she spends hours on it. I use it to check if anyone i know died today. She goes on it in the evening if i'm playing on WoW or Fumbbl and the damn thing imediately steals ALL the bandwidth even after we upgraded. My games lag like a drunk trying to acheive a semi in a brothel and eventually drop out. How can "lol.. yeah.. how r u 2day?" require so much of my damn bandwidth??

Ok.. i'm calm now

Google+! It rocks!
stej

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2011 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

<latest MTG set> is over powered because most of the cards are better than <previous MTG sets>. Its as if they want you to keep buying more cards to remain competative ...
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2011 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
<latest MTG set> is over powered because most of the cards are better than <previous MTG sets>. Its as if they want you to keep buying more cards to remain competative ...

ahhh good to know that even 10 years after i stopped playing its still the same Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2011 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:

But most of the really overpowered cards were in the first edition. It used to be you could play four dark rituals and bring out a 16/16 trample, protection from everything but the kitchen sink, etc. creature in turn one. Nowadays you get cards like:

Name: ThatAss
Cost: 3 Mana

Pay 3 Mana, sacrifice a goat, dance around in the rain, swear at opponent, tap ThatAss: do a single point of direct damage, if you're lucky.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity is overpowered.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Macavity is overpowered.

Macavity makes the ClawPOMB combo look like Diving Catch.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving catch on a Troll!