41 coaches online • Server time: 00:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You know what rocks? Bloodbowl!

You know what sucks? Real life. Well, sometimes.

So what happens when you combine Bloodbowl with real life? Confusion, calamity, herpies? Seems like a strange and scary combination doesn't it.

Some of you will be aware that many of your fellow fumbblers have been investigating this odd concept, the marriage of "real" and "fun". We've also experimented with certain amounts of beer. In the interests of science, you understand. We care about your welfare.

So far the findings have been conclusive - the combination of real life and bloodbowl in the form of a tournament is actually rather excellent. Witness testimonials suggest that liberal amounts of alcohol act as a barrier that keeps away the nastier elements of "real" such as actually having to speak to people. This expert advice comes straight from the lips of such giants as Purplegoo, Pigstar, and Hogshine.

As a direct consequence of this fresh research I decided to run one of these so called tournaments. In a stunning burst of coincidence fellow fumbbler Blocknroll, now famous for being almost as racist as the Danes, also begun to plan his own event. We have since pooled our resources and created what we hope will become one of the tournament scenes premier events. The connnoisseurs amongst you will notice that we've also poached one of the oldest franchises around. Prised from the frail grasp of the old man that founded it, we feel that the title, history, and special trophy of the Albion Coast Cup lends our tournament a certain presence, which is sure to compliment its general excellence. Without further ado, SillySod and Blocknroll are proud to present...

Albion Coast Cup VII

When?: 27th and 28th of August
(bank holiday weekend)

Where?: The Mitre, Southampton

How Much?: £20
for current and new NAF members*.

*Old members will need to pay an additional £5 if your NAF membership has expired. We will be paying for brand new members to join the NAF for free which comes with a silly name and dice. Bargain!

Why should I come to this silly tounament anyway?: You should come to win, drink beer, meet some people, and discover the glory of real life bloodbowling. You should also come because we have some crazily good prizes. As well as a variety of Willy Miniatures, a custom trophy, and a wooden spoon we are also giving away a pro elf team, painted by Cornish Mokey.

What will I eat?: We are providing a hot lunch on both days, this is included in the ticket price. We will also be arranging an optional evening meal followed by some excessive pubbage, also optional.

What will I drink?: The tournament is taking place in the function room of a pub. Drink whatever you want: coke or a bazillion pints of guiness, just as long as you can pay for it and so long as you can hold onto it for the duration of the tournament Smile

More information and rules can be found here. (TalkFantasyFootball is the best place to discuss and search for UK tournaments, you should definately create an account if you dont have one already)

Pictures of the prize team, a history of the ACC, and an interview with professional painter Cornish Mikey.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I missed the last tourney that Piggy was running thanks to a broken car and a fractured/dislocated elbow....but this one is only an hour away from me!

Very tempted, and finally, other coaches could bask in the glory that is Calcium Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh Beer and bloodbowl.

Crying or Very sad what a time to go on the wagon.

will be there with my mineral water lads.
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

would love to meet you Calcium!
edit: lemf....seriously?????????????? (theres not enough ?s in the world to express my shock!)
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, I should be able to make this one, any good/cheap hotels that you can recommend?

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going! Yay! And Lemf I dont believe you! Dont think you've ever drank water before.

blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2011 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused, im going to investigate this this weekend. will let you know Smile
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's at times like this that i'm annoyed that i'm brassic.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2011 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
It's at times like this that i'm annoyed that i'm brassic.

Sad

Well, theres always next year but... yeah... this year we even have your favourite race pro-painted to dangle in front of you Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
lemf

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2011 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

lemf wrote:
Ahhh Beer and bloodbowl.

Crying or Very sad what a time to go on the wagon.

will be there with my mineral water lads.

Reveiwed,
Due to the headlines in a popular tabloid today I have in the interest of my own health decided to give up giving up.

Good news for some hostelries Wink
Belafon

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Lemf ..on the wagon...drinking mineral water .......gess has the world collapsed already ...nah cant be true

I am going to have to see this and have an second opinion (Apathetic_Rooster).there too see it

Now he tells me..when I bought shares in guiness/and other breweries ..damn !!!

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

shameless bump of tourney promotion
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2011 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing shameless about that. Tho maybe about my reply! Wink

Jump to: