30 coaches online • Server time: 19:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Alf115

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to remember someone posting a link to a series of online comic strips featuring a rogue, a mage, and so on, doing a quest ( a la Dungeons & Dragons), I just can't seem to find it again.

Anyone remembers ?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Got any more details? I know several that has a rogue, a mage and so on doing quests Razz

My best guess is Order of the Stick:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0802.html

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 16:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Looking For Group:

http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/1
Alf115

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Got any more details? I know several that has a rogue, a mage and so on doing quests Razz

My best guess is Order of the Stick:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0802.html

Winnneeeeeerrr !

Thanks a lot Shraaaag. I can resume my reading now !
f_alk

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Kryten - that's too funny!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten, that's not D&D - that's World of Warcraft. However, it is great (until it gets too plot heavy. Richard needs to kill more, and talk less.)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

OOTS is one of the best out there. Try Darthsanddroids.net though!

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Alf, beloved cat eater,

Don't forget about Goblins.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2011 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks folks!

Had a read through Goblins and LFG from start to current, and am through about 75% of OOTS.

OOTS is by far the best of the three (imo of course), with exceptional writing, great humour, a compelling storyline, and I like the simple drawing style.

I'd rank Goblins as second, albeit a bit more distant to OOTS. There is some great artwork and I enjoy some of the homages to D&D, such as the -n hit points displayed for injured characters. The writing for Goblins is ok, but it suffers from to many disjointed story lines. I just read it all recently and have lost track of all the groups and where they are. Enjoy the artwork for the most part, save the crazy Anime style fight scenes where it is just a messy blur of action. Unfortunately this cheap Sailor Moon-type technique of using two or three images repeatedly flashed across the screen to make a low budget fight scene has caught on. Even in film now, like those annoying Transformers movies.

I'd rank LFG third, which may not jive with some, here's why. The art is well done, but the writing is weak, and the story line is sloppy and confusing. What friggin' time period are they in any way? It all makes no sense to me. To me, LFG is merely a vehicle for Richard's antics, pop culture references, and one liners. While this is usually very amusing, it is a crutch to hold up the comic and not enough without a good core story.
Floody3555

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2013 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for Sharing