41 coaches online • Server time: 16:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VoodooMike

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2011 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

cbbakke wrote:
I have almost 600 games played on the PC version over the few years it has been out. I bet in the 15 years of playing table top I got in about 600 games. I know the PC version they did has issues but for a player in America it really has opened up a way to play more games.

Wasn't Mighty Blow implemented improperly in Cyanide's abomination - always applying to the armor roll and not to the injury roll? You've played for 15 years, but the major objection to CLPOMB is in CRP... so how many games have you played where the skills were properly implemented, under CRP, where you've faced major CLPOMB teams?

I'm mostly wondering if your staunch objecting is based on theory or experience.
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2011 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

VoodooMike wrote:

I'm mostly wondering if your staunch objecting is based on theory or experience.

Kinda what I was getting at.

Not trying to be a prick about it, but if the dominant experience you have with BB (like me) is prior rulesets, than we can understand why a lot of your suggestions seem akin to taking the rules back to the prior rulesets. Which I would wholeheartedly approve (particularly fouling and DP).

Otherwise it just comes across as a "we should change ____" from the mouth of someone who doesn't play here and may not understand the rules. We had that happen before.... the result was LRB6 Wink

__Synn
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2011 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say I have a good bit of experience. I won a few NAF tournaments (I was only in two but won both of them) and have played for a long time.

I would like to See DP back to +2 to injury with a high risk of getting kicked out of game. high risk/ high reward. The skill is dirty player not assassin. I got my eyeon you was pretty good. I had the idea that if you roll doubles on the armor you get kicked out and if you roll a 5 or 6 on either dice on the injury you are kicked out. Pretty much it would mean if you took somebody out of the game then it was likely you were also getting removed.

Bring back arguing the call by the coach. I dont know if it was a great rule but it was fun.
stej

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2011 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

How brutal Cas wise do you want the game? 1st ED up to CRP? Theres an opinion somewhere. Also, do you want randomness or skill? ~again, is a difficult one to call...
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2011 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont mind brutal but when MB, DP, Claw, Fangs all stacked and you could use pro to reroll the injury it was a bit much. Especially when it took a natural 7 to kill the player.

I think damage skills should not stack because it makes it far too predictable for CAS and creates an ARMS race style of play which leads to people playing too much basher teams instead of some of the hybrid teams (imo).

I would say the stall tactic does not tell you who the better coach is. Just the coach who is would rather win then play the game. imo again.

I think if two coaches play with my rule proposal that the better coach is going to win most of the time. I would say they are going to win more often then in the current stall game. Right now if your oppenent has one bad turn you can stall the rest of game and win. So it is who has the bad luck turn first.
cbbakke

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2011 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would also say that no OT has a huge effect on outcomes of games which could skew how good these skills really are.

I would predict that if there was OT basher teams with this skill combo would win a pretty high percentage of OT but they end up with ties because they cannot score very quickly
 Jump to: