36 coaches online • Server time: 19:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Zug: 260k (+13%)
Human Lineman +STR, +STR, +AV, Block, Mighty Blow, -MA**, -MA**, -AGI**
50 +50 +50 +30 +20 +30 = 230k
INJURY: -MA -MA -AGI

Mighty Zug: 260k (+44%)
Ogre Block, -bonehead, -thick skull**, -MA**,
140 +30 +30 -20 = 180k
INJURY: -MA

Mighty Zug: 260k (+53%)
Human Blocker +STR, Block, Mighty Blow
80 +50 +20 +20 = 170k
(Human Blocker was a positional identical to the Black Orc Blocker, available for human teams in 2nd ed)

What do people think of these options? Using blocker means no injuries (good) but makes Zug seem low value (+53%). Really just because BoBs are such insanely good value at 80k Razz
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you read Blood Bowl Star Player Backgrounds in TFF? (http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewforum.php?f=42)
It may give you ideas what is the history of the star players. If I have understood correctly, some of them indeed were players in some real TT teams or something in the past. I hope that you find that interesting! Smile
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If you do go with crazy wierd things, I would also suggest for Willow that she be a rotter, who spent 10k not to have decay; that's about the only positional in the game that can get her stats without injuries, although from a fluff view point it makes no sense at all. (She'd be 180k as a rotter, assuming Decay only costs 10k to get rid of instead of 30k like other negatraits. I also assume Nurgle's Rot really isn't a skill, it's just a side benefit of being a nurgle person, and since Willow is not Nurgle, she doesn't need to spend money or lose money since she doesn't have it.)
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot to consider Loner. That's what makes most of ballhandler stars just rubbish.

Plus, i'd consider the loss of a negatrait far more valuable than 30k. (i'd say 50-60k)
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
You forgot to consider Loner. That's what makes most of ballhandler stars just rubbish

agreed they are just completely pointless.

As for Zug, I think human Blitzer works well enough really. though it was interesting to see him compared to an Ogre, it gives you a vague idea of how much negatraits lower big guys costs.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Also - you can not apo stars, is that something to consider when it comes to TV?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
You forgot to consider Loner. That's what makes most of ballhandler stars just rubbish.

Not all of them are useless. One of the elf ones (Soren?) has Sure Hands and Pass, which negates Loner almost completely for his role.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I guess he is fairly good, he has all the thrower skills needed -

Soaren Hightower 6 3 4 8 Loner, Fend, Kick-off Return, Pass, Safe Throw, Sure Hands, Strong Arm 180k

But would you really want him holding on to the ball without block or dodge? plus you can get a wizard for his price.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Soaren is a very good thrower. Eldrich is also wonderful, with his hynotich gaze, and he has AG4 catch, nerve of steel and MA8; he can still be a wonderful catcher. If pass block were implemented, he would be the best star available... well, he is already the best star for an elf team Smile
Chewie

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Question - can Eldril passblock up to a receiver and hypno him (thereby giving the receiver no hands)?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:

Not all of them are useless. One of the elf ones (Soren?) has Sure Hands and Pass, which negates Loner almost completely for his role.

There is also Barik Farblast, a dwarf with sure hands, strong arm and pass. He does his job as good as any runner developed that way. He costs only 60k since he's a secret weapon (hail mary pass representing the blunderbuss as soon as implemented), but getting the ball and maybe doing a few fouls with him is totally worth it in my opinion. Especially since babes aren't that effective for dwarves.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't this so. Hypnotic gaze may be used at the end of a move action, but pass block is not a move action. Same thing, you can't use hypnotic gaze when you move one of your player with shadowing.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
yeah I guess he is fairly good, he has all the thrower skills needed -

Soaren Hightower 6 3 4 8 Loner, Fend, Kick-off Return, Pass, Safe Throw, Sure Hands, Strong Arm 180k

But would you really want him holding on to the ball without block or dodge? plus you can get a wizard for his price.

It's not so much that he's worth taking instead of a wizard for 150k (he's not). It's a matter of whether you'd want him to handle the ball if you had 330k (wizard + Soaren). Lack of blodge components isn't that big a deal. He's not the option to cage down the field with. He's the one you let hang back as long as possible then pass down the field. If anything, Fend is the skill that's a waste on him (and to a somewhat lesser extent, KoR).
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup you hang back with him, but one tackle zone on him could force him to make a dodge, without the Dodge skill and with loner, that would certainly scare me.

I guess it boils down to whether or not you pass at all really.

Barik Farblast is an okay star player too but your not going to be passing the ball with dwarves anyway.

Eldril is amazing, best star player about, but you wouldnt be using him to pass or catch the ball either. he is a all about the Hypno Very Happy

Quote:
Question - can Eldril passblock up to a receiver and hypno him (thereby giving the receiver no hands)?

Sadly not. Would be a funny play though Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Barik Farblast is an okay star player too but your not going to be passing the ball with dwarves anyway.

If that you was directed at me I wouldn't be so sure... Wink

If dwarves need to score in three or even two turns, passing is really needed. And especially when your runners are not developed as throwers, Barik comes in handy.

Well, as soon as the missing skills are implemented, Boomer will be available for the same price anyway... BOOM!

Jump to: