67 coaches online • Server time: 21:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys i need some help.

Over the past 4 weeks i have had issues connecting to EA servers i have been thinking it must be EA not me.

Till today when i by passed by my router and plugged direct into the modem and i connected to EA first time but i did still have a little lag.

So this makes me think i need to open my ports on my router however i never needed to in the past and like i said this problem has only been there for last 4 weeks.

does any one know how i could open the ports to allow me to play on EA severs on xbox 360?

My router is a dlink DGL-4500

Thats if it is my router and not them.

I have tried google but not much help really.

Thanks for your help.
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I googled for what ports i need for xbox live nd this is what came up -

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
VoodooMike

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2011 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless the game involves P2P play, there should be no reason any port forwarding should be necessary. Even when there IS p2p play it is typically not necessary unless you will be running a local server that needs to handle unexpected connections.

Routers typically have no idea what various data packets are used for by the computer, or what aspect of a communication they might be involved in. Instead, the average router "opens" a port for incoming traffic by an outside computer only after your computer (or a computer on the network) has sent outbound data to that outside computer. In english, this means that as long as you sent "Computer A" a packet of data directed to port Z first, your router will accept incoming packets from Computer A, from port Z for your computer on its specified port.

Port forwarding should never be needed in the case of connections YOU initiate. They are only needed (and even then, only is some situations) when your computer needs to receive data in a communication it did not initiate.
 Jump to: