49 coaches online • Server time: 20:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2011 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

wolfspyda wrote:
well the NAF gives you a set of Block dice with there $10US annual membership. However i was just reading that they dont sell them individually, due to limited numbers. i for one would purchase 1 set of dice and be happy to pay $10US and let the proceeds go to the website. However a limited number of 100 sets honestly may not be enough. I can think of 6 guys here in AUS that would buy them straight away.

Full credit to WhatBall for the design of those dice mate they are awesome.

As you get a lower price for more I think you'd need to order 500+ dice, 501 would give you 167 sets.

Assuming it costs no more to get extra colours done then from chessex it would be $1,262.52 so $7.56 for a set of 3. If it were ordered from e4 miniatures then it would cost £721.44 or £4.32 for a set of 3. This doesn't include the cost of postage.

The real pain would be keeping track of payments and posting the individual sets of dice out.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2011 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So there is a general consensus, that people would like a set of these awesome dice then. WhatBall seeing as you have the designs, maybe you should have a look at the costs and let us know. obviously I figure we would get more than 100 people wanting these, 900 dice for 300 people sounds about right. How many members does FUMBBL have?
wolfspyda

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2011 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ok lets start a number off from here and see what how many numbers we get up to. i will start with 10 sets, so that putsus at 10. add what you want to the post above so we can keep a running tally.

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2011 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the links and info spubbbba. Those prices are for 16mm dice I see. I thought that was small, but I measured my BB dice and they are 16mm.

The biggest issue, as stated, is distributing the dice at a reasonable cost. I will have to look into this. On top of that there has to be some markup that would go back to FUMBBL to make the effort worthwhile. Wolfspyda, if you can keep a count in the first post I would appreciate it.

For those looking for sets, please indicate what you are willing to pay. Going by CAN/US$ (can't work in pounds) it is ~$6.91. Then there is shipping. So at least $10 a set. With mark up (your fumbbl donation) it will be minimum $12 to $15 (£7.50 - £9.45) a set I would think. Not sure if that is getting too pricey? Anyone have suggestions to reduce the costs?

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2011 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:
I'd love a set as well, but the whole topic reminds me that my fumbbl t-shirt is looking a bit the worse for wear and it'd be fantastic if there was a chance to get a new one

Hmmm, fumbbl tees would be cool. If the dice go well, I have a friend who does corporate merchandising.
BrianVanLe

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2011 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody that does the American con season can buy good looking block dice at the Chessex booth, they run ~2.50 a piece. I have three sets.
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2011 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldnt mind paying $15 for a set if some of that goes to this web site.
wolfspyda

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the easy way we can do this would be to ebay it or maybe even paypal it. if the price works out to be about $15US, $9 pounds and about $14 AUS. that should cover freight to most parts of the planet and still give the website some money.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

wolfspyda wrote:
ok lets start a number off from here and see what how many numbers we get up to. i will start with 10 sets, so that putsus at 10. add what you want to the post above so we can keep a running tally.

10 Sets Wolfspyda
1 Set Kinks
1 Set Qaz
1 Set Keith-Lemon
1 Set phil78
1 Set Ulrik
2 Sets Chavo

-------
17 Sets
=======

Very Happy

Edit: Chavo added

Last edited by Kinks on Sep 04, 2011 - 03:07; edited 1 time in total
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What is that website where you can pledge money?

Could ask around in the club to maybe take some sets apart from my own.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
phil78 wrote:
I'd love a set as well, but the whole topic reminds me that my fumbbl t-shirt is looking a bit the worse for wear and it'd be fantastic if there was a chance to get a new one

Hmmm, fumbbl tees would be cool. If the dice go well, I have a friend who does corporate merchandising.

Apparently last time Christer lost money on it.

I think it would be awesome to do a Kickstarter or something for the t-shirts, so that we could guarantee we'd get enough. Sell them for a decent amount, like £20 or something, working out enough that fumbbl actually gets money this time.

I'd definitely buy one. I realised at the NAF that I'd lost my own old one Sad. Need a new one!
Foad

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Was looking at getting some customer block dice done for my local players with intent on breaking even (non-profit), and I've received quotes very similar to the chessex quote for 6 custom sides. That said, the FUMBBL dice look cool and are recognizable to many players and I really like the idea some of funds going towards the site

Was going to look at a run of 100 sets (300 dice)... I'm happy to organise (pay up front and ship from Australia) this if people are interested and the powers that be (Christer, Kalimar & WhatBall) are happy with this.

If not, can you please and my name down for 2 sets.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Show me the FUMBBL shirt design I know a place that can do custom shirts and the more that get purchased the cheaper it gets, plus profits can be directed back to the website. Maybe we could do a limited edition shirt and dice combo
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Shirt dice combo ftw

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2011 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You can add a set for me.
 Jump to: