60 coaches online • Server time: 17:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
highelfmage

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

2 sets for me just need to final price per set
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Metalsvinet wrote:
Cool with the colors, have you gotten closer to the price?

Not set in stone yet, but looking to be around $10 per set plus shipping. The shipping and packaging will be around $2 CAN, $3 US, and just over $5 INTL. So shipping a set to the UK will be around 9.50 GBP and just under 11 euros. The shipping will be a flat rate unless you order a huge number of sets, so multiple set orders will be relatively cost effective.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would much rather that the dice had multiple color on some of the sides. The price is much less important compared to the quality feeling.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand your point Qaz, but if I am to be able to sell enough of the dice to recoup the investment, then multi-coloured sides is not as feasible and much riskier. The number of sales will drop significantly if the price jumps another $5 or more.

The way I am having them done will also more easily facilitate future dice if there is demand for them.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I've not checked this for a while.

I'm still interested in the simpler colours, but not as much as I was. Did I miss somewhere the price difference?

I guess when I realise / see what the cost is, I'll make a call, but I'm less excited now. Having said that, I 100% understand WhatBall's stance, and feel it more important he make his investment back than it being spot on.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PGoo, the estimated cost is just above Qaz's post.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

A-ha, blindness. Sorry.

I suppose I'd still be tempted at that price, although I'd be sure to go another 50% for the full shebang.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm still interested in the simpler colours, but not as much as I was. Did I miss somewhere the price difference?

WhatBall wrote:
Elyoukey wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
way more expensive,

define "way more" ?

More than double the cost. Enough that I wouldn't bother with a run of dice because I would much more likely lose money.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I am firmly in the multi colour camp and yes would be happy to pay the small difference.
I could get them for all the islanders that want them Very Happy
Qaz

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

For me 10$ or 20$ wont do the difference. Hell even 30$ and I would still be more interested in a beautiful product than say a half way product for 10$. I am not especially rich or any thing but old enough to spend a few on my hobby if I want to.

All that said I am not the one making them and taking the risk shelling out what must be a lot of cash hoping to get your expenses covered. So I can fully undestand your position.

If they are not multi colored I personally must consider my intrest and make up my mind.

the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2011 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
For me 10$ or 20$ wont do the difference. Hell even 30$ and I would still be more interested in a beautiful product than say a half way product for 10$. I am not especially rich or any thing but old enough to spend a few on my hobby if I want to.

It would take very little effort to paint the defender stumbles arrow blue and both down star yellow. Heck if you'd pay an extra $10 per set I'll happily colour the dice for anyone who wants it at that price, you can even alter the colours if you want.

Personally the plain black and white ones would suit me better as it will make it easier for me to match the colours of the other sides. But I can see the 3 colour set being a lot more popular so I think they should be done.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2011 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I may look into a very limited edition run of full multi-colour dice along with the main order. I'll keep you posted.

I had planned to do what spubbbba suggests with a set or two of my own.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2011 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Qaz wrote:

It would take very little effort to paint the defender stumbles arrow blue and both down star yellow. Heck if you'd pay an extra $10 per set I'll happily colour the dice for anyone who wants it at that price, you can even alter the colours if you want.

Personally the plain black and white ones would suit me better as it will make it easier for me to match the colours of the other sides. But I can see the 3 colour set being a lot more popular so I think they should be done.

Yes that thought has striked me to Smile

the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2011 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I still want some! Don't forget me!

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2011 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

now that the spam commercial eldonjackson guys post have thankfully been removed this post makes little sense please delete it too as to not bloat and derail this thread.

the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli

Last edited by Qaz on Oct 27, 2011 - 14:13; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: