36 coaches online • Server time: 16:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Cult of Tzeentch - use FUMBBL house rules?
All of them
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Some - please state which
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
None
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cult of Tzeentch is now recruiting for an Open Round Robin division, adhering to the group's random mutations philosophy.

The group would start with rookie L teams for the first season, then hopefully continue perpetually from there, with lower divisions created for newer recruits, or for fresh teams of existing members.

I've created a poll as I'm interested to know what house rules, if any, members would prefer - I'm thinking the Piling On nerf would add an incentive to utilise other mutations, though pure vanilla rules would highlight how effective (or not) random mutations are in comparison to the Claw-with-everything approach.

If you're interested, please post, and apply to the group with a new L team for inclusion. It doesn't absolutely have to be a mutating roster either...

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Let the chaos good bless fequently. The Player getting the MvP in that league automatically gets a random Mutation he doesn´t already have (in addition to anny normal Skill rolls). A fun division all around.
And PO is not needed.

Greetigns

Smeesh
krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

"If a player rolls doubles when he can take a mutation on a normal skill roll, the coach can choose a mutation"

I'm curious, how do you (ie, not the owning coach) know that the player rolled a double? What's to stop unscrupulous players choosing their own mutation and saying it had been a double roll?

Or do you mean, he can choose to ignore the double, and take a random mutation as per normal skill roll?

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

krytie wrote:
"If a player rolls doubles when he can take a mutation on a normal skill roll, the coach can choose a mutation"

I'm curious, how do you (ie, not the owning coach) know that the player rolled a double? What's to stop unscrupulous players choosing their own mutation and saying it had been a double roll?

Or do you mean, he can choose to ignore the double, and take a random mutation as per normal skill roll?

Yes, roll a double on a player with M access on normal, you may choose.

To a certain extent, it's self-policing - what's the point in joining a fluffy league like this, then cheating? I'm hopeful we can have some fun rolling for mutations in channel - it'll add to the event of a skill-up. If need be, random skill rolls can be witnessed, and the chat log pasted into the player's profile.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd prefer it if all mutation rolls, even doubles, were randomly generated, but i may join the league anyway.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

krytie wrote:
I'd prefer it if all mutation rolls, even doubles, were randomly generated, but i may join the league anyway.

There's nothing stopping you from doing this! The group's philosophy has room for variation in how strict you wish to be (with the rules outlined in the information page being the most lenient), so if you hit lucky with a double and want to chance a mutation, go for it Smile

If we went for the Piling On house rule, the temptation to pick Claw might diminish, so we could see some truly interesting double-mutation players this way.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back from holiday, so wanted to bump this thread to keep things moving. Please vote, and enter a rookie L team in the group to apply for the league. We'll want a minimum 8 teams to have a decent league to start.