39 coaches online • Server time: 10:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I love my kids Daniel and Lucas they are the greatest gift i have ever received but sometimes they frustrate me so much i just dont know what to do with them.

Today for example each of them was playing with a toy. They were smashing them together and throwing them around as boys will do. Anyway Lucases toy broke and complained that Daniel was way too rough and not playing fair. My wife then took Daniels toy and threw it in the trash.

I realise that she had a moment of rage and that she had warned Daniel about such behavior in the past. I personally think she was a little harsh, boys will be boys and toys get broken. But being a good husband i now have to stand behind my wife regardless of my feelings in the matter.

I know there are alot of dads out there (maybe a few mums too) what would you do?

Last edited by jarvis_pants on Nov 02, 2011 - 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy some unbreakable toys.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel kinda more sympathetic with the boys. They just played and trashing a toy because another broke didn't really accomplish something.

If it was my wife I'd rather not want to confront her about it either so I'd just ... i dunno... if there is nothing harmfull in the trash just take it out, make sure it's all clean and tidy and go behind her back and give it back. And maybe tell the boys not to upset their mother.

EDIT: The other boys toy you could optionally replace with an investment share of the both kids pocket money of lets randomly say 10% depending on their income and the actual value. You could optionally make the returning of the remaining toy a condition on the destructive boys willingness to pay the same share as the other boy on the expenses on the damaged good.
dode74

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have a word with the mother about anger issues without the boys seeing.

I'd also try to get the mother to give the toy back and explain to Daniel that he now understands how it feels to have the toy taken away. Getting the mother to do it will help rebuild the bridges as Daniel probably feels hard done by.

Further, I'd explain to both boys that if their toys are going to be smashed against each other then they will break eventually, and that they either need to take responsibility for that or play a different game.
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

don't sweat the little stuff.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Why was your wife out of the kitchen anyway? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this an elaborate metaphor about journeymen?

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 18:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

#FACEPALM#