58 coaches online • Server time: 17:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you who were reading the Blood Bowl coaches and the english language
thread
, I thought you might find this article interesting: English language poised to lose its dominance

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Helpful Link

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2004 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

For all german players: www.spiegel.de
Da kann man zu dem Thema auch einen Artikel finden.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2004 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh.. good ol' toronto star... journalistic credibility of a Nixon whitehouse press release...

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2004 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, everyone knows that everybody speaks english everywhere. You just have to talk slow and loud and them foreigners will be able to understand it.....Smile

I don't like travelling overseas, too many foreigners....:p

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Heh.. good ol' toronto star... journalistic credibility of a Nixon whitehouse press release...

Because it doesn't have the over the top pro-corporate bias so prevalent in the rest the mainstream Canadian newspapers?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
National Post Online

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2004 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dese oomans dunt speak propa!

Deres more orcs 'dun oomans.

Do da maffs.
slackman

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

u know what i just heard about last week? fox freaking news has an editorial on how republicans that support national health care a really liberals at heart and need to be ostricised from the right wing party. fuck bill o'reiley man, fuck him up his stupid ass.

magnolia fan
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:

Because it doesn't have the over the top pro-corporate bias so prevalent in the rest the mainstream Canadian newspapers?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
National Post Online

Yup... it has the commie pinko BS bias so prevalent in the left wing "lets all eat Tofu / End Globalization" sector of society.

And that post of slackmans really should be edited/erased by mod...

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the only people who are really working hard to end globalization are those who promote the free transfer of goods while restricting the free movement of humans, those who fund their own agriculatural sectors with sums of absurde dimensions and at the same time destroy a significant part of its produce to control a supposedly "free market", those who impose taxes and tariffs on goods they import while forcing other countries to open their markets. and worst of all those who insist on recreating the world in their own image, rendering the idea of globalization utterly senseless.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Globilization works so much better when everyone has thier own government with thier own wacky laws, thier own currency, thier own language, and thier oppresive regime.

Or even better lets move everyone to one region let them bury themselves in thier own fesces. That would certainly benefit Globilization.

And you know what really helps Globilization? People that run around with their head up thier arse criticizing a country and working to break the world into partison camps, in order to oppose success, or more often because it is trendy at the moment. Probably the same people that hate aging in BB because it punishes success.

Bullocks, all of it.

Asperon Thorn
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with BP that the Star is a terrible newspaper. Except for the Sports and Entertainement. That's cool.

Just like the Globe sucks for Sports and Entertainment but has decent news.

The Post... alas... sucks.

Buttercup
Torontonian
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

and worst of all those who insist on recreating the world in their own image, rendering the idea of globalization utterly senseless.

Yeah your right. I sure wish we had minded our own business 60 years ago and let Hitler have his way. I wonder if you'd be playing bloodbowl today under Nazi Germany.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

globilization or all your bases are belong to us
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

globilization or all your bases are belong to us

Someone has a team named that. I still dont get it. If someone can clue me in -thanks

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

some people seem to assume that my post about globalization is a direct criticism of the US government, which is wrong but understandable. but to assume that a country, a government or a people is responsible for globalization is odd, since globalization as we see it happen is the absolute opposite, these bodies are either willfully or involuntarily abandoning their decision-making powers. globalization also entails moving the source of power from concrete entities such as governments and countries to the sphere of immaterial entities following abstract laws which are fundamentally responsible to no one. to blame the US for anything is a little short-sighted since more and more in the process of globalization the US as a country are ceasing to exist and reemerging only as a valuable brand.
@Mully: many years ago people that are mostly dead steming from (a couple of thousand miles) around where you live did liberate people that are mostly dead who were living somewhere around where i live. or at least they liberated a part of germany since vienna was taken by the soviet union. which had already been fighting for a while when the ruling elites in the US decided that Hitler was really bad.
but indeed, leaving my sarcasm aside, i do regard WWII as a part of a turning point in US history and i am glad to live in a country that can in many ways be regarded as being relatively "free". which many inhabitants of countries targeted by US interventions since 45 i am afraid cannot say.
 Jump to: