43 coaches online • Server time: 15:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lord_shambles

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I have noticed that ogres that fail bonehead still give assists even though they have no tackle zone. This is a major flaw that unbalances the ogre team. I noticed that they also cancel out other peoples assists when they have guard and they go bonehead.Which the should not because they have no tacklezone once again This means bonehead is considerably less of a problem compared to other traits like wild animal or Off for a bite.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It is implemented as the rules state. i think a team of ogres should be considered really stupid Smile
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2003 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

lord_shambles wrote:
I have noticed that ogres that fail bonehead still give assists even though they have no tackle zone. This is a major flaw that unbalances the ogre team. I noticed that they also cancel out other peoples assists when they have guard and they go bonehead.Which the should not because they have no tacklezone once again This means bonehead is considerably less of a problem compared to other traits like wild animal or Off for a bite.

Shambles,

I was confused too when I saw this happen first. However, Korhil most eloquently explained it to me. Having a tackle zone is not required for a player to assist in a block. The assisting player must be adjacent to the player he is assising against, and may not be in the tacklezone of another opposing player, unless he has the guard skill. No TZ required.

I think the rule should be altered so that you need a tacklezone in order to make any assist. It seems kinda funny when my vampire lord hypnotic gazes a player, and the gazed player still assists in blocks while he is hypnotized. Confused

The current rules are:

In order to make an assist, the player:

1. Must be adjacent to the enemy player involved in the block.
2. Must not be in the tackle zone of any other player involved in the block.
3. Must be standing.

In my opinion, this should be:

In order to make an assist:

1. The enemy player involved in the block should be in the player's tacklezone.
2. The player must not be in the tackle zone of any other player involved in the block.
3. The player must be standing.

This prevents strange stuff like boneheaded biggies or hypnotized players assisting in blocks while effectively they should be staring at the scene...

Perox.
lord_shambles

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

more importantly if my player is assisting me in a boneheads persons tacklezone i should get an assist hence my assisting player is in no tackle zone and the bonehead player is in my tacklezone. This does not happen. The same thing would happen if the bonehaead ogre had guard. they dont have a tackle zone to cancel anything
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Infact that does happen as it has happened to me in a game.

. = empty, o = ogre, a = assistant, p = blockee, b=blocker it is two mine if o does not have guard and the program does this and it works. (assuming P and B have same str)
.OA.
.PB.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Perox wrote:

It seems kinda funny when my vampire lord hypnotic gazes a player, and the gazed player still assists in blocks while he is hypnotized.

What is worse, I think, is that hypnotized players can still make interceptions. You would think my Vampire lord would hypnotize a guy and tell him "don't do anything, at all." Instead he just seems to say, "Ignore other players."

Asperon Thorn
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2003 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember playing 3rd edition that way. Hypo gaze was VERY effective as it was a) free action 2) no tackle zone to assist or tackle other players.
Now that the gaze is a free action and still requires a AG roll to beat tother players I would like to see it 'freeze' a player. Gaze is useless versus elf teams. especially with 5ag. No tackle zone means no assists. Just need to add a line stating to assist in a block you have to be adjacent and have an active tackle zone. Thus if your ogre is boneheaded or player is gazed, no assists for them. This would also add more to help offset the 'broken' argument Christer has stated about the Ogre teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2003 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see the problem with this, vampires have it good and complaining about it being useless on elves, vampir coaches don't mind so much when playing lizards or skeletons do they? Hypnotic Gaze is very useful but it can't work on everyone or it would be unbalanced. THe same as if Tackle did not exist, dodge would rule!
 Jump to: