52 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This page has some great information for creating groups and tournaments but I have one question for which I can't find the answer.

Can 1/2 points be awarded for touchdowns and casualties or does it have to be a whole number? For that matter can fractional points be awarded for wins, losses, and draws?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You could always assign effectively 1/2 points by doubling the points awarded for everything else (apologies for the non-answer if you'd already thought of that).
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I thought of that Irgy (thanks for the response by the way) but in an open round format where some teams will have an opportunity to play more games than others I would like for the point totals to not get so far out of hand with just a couple of wins as it might discourage others from continuing to play.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

No you can't. I would do as irgy said or in fact if this messes with your balance, x it by 10. You get exactly the same, but without a decimal point.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:
Yeah I thought of that Irgy (thanks for the response by the way) but in an open round format where some teams will have an opportunity to play more games than others I would like for the point totals to not get so far out of hand with just a couple of wins as it might discourage others from continuing to play.

As Harvest said, multiply everything (inlcuding points for W/D/L) by 10, and you could make the points vary in (effective) steps of .1.
Focusing on totals instead of average score is a shitty system imho. Awards time spent over skill (WoW anyone?).

If multiplying all scores by 10 is demotivating, people are clearly missing something, as the scores did not really change. There is no 'out of hand', there's just a different system for counting.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:

which is (one of the) big problem(s) with open round formats...
 Jump to: