42 coaches online • Server time: 14:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stefan

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

Saw someone asking about sounds in the old forum and thought I'd post an idea here.

Anybody with cool/interesting sounds for JBB make up a sound pack that people could d/load and install. Mainly since I'm lazy and couldn't be bother scouring the net to find sounds!

Ideas/Thoughts

Regarsd
Stefan.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love for someone to find better sounds. I thought it would be easy to find good NFL football sounds on the internet but wouldn't you know it, everyone I found people wanted money for. Sheezh....
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It wouldn't be hard to record sounds off NFL coverage...would it?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I think the idea of new sounds is neat, I do happen to like the ones Ski put in there..

Ski, may I ask, Why in the HELL did you pick THAT sound for the injury sound? It sounds like a bucket of diarrhea thrown against the wall!! Sounds are perfect....

lol...
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

He got it from the Old Blood Bowl computer game.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Ski, may I ask, Why in the HELL did you pick THAT sound for the injury sound? It sounds like a bucket of diarrhea thrown against the wall!! Sounds are perfect....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
hahahaha....
Laughing Laughing Laughing
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the lovely visual, GP. I'll treasure that thought all day long.

If you're handy with a sound app (which I sadly am not) you could create some 'empty' wave files for the sounds except the 'ding' and make a bunch of copies. Then just rename them to write over the original sounds you don't want and there you go. When one of the .wav files gets called, it plays... nothing.

I think it'd be cool to have new sets of sounds available, just don't ask me to write up a db of it that no one will use. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

True, probably noone will feel like making up a pack of fun/cool sounds but someone might feel like it one day. Here's hoping anyhow.
Keep up the good work SkiJunkie
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Uh oh... I smell a challenge... Smile

You know, Stefan, that reverse psychology is a proven tactic.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What format do ya want em in?

Ill see what I can dig up.

Zeid
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Just look in 'Bbowl/sound'. Just like with the images, all you'd really need to do is save your sound file in the same place with the same name. The JRE most likely supports mp3 format, so you MAY be able to throw a mp3 in there and just rename it as 'kick.wav' (even though it's not a .wav file... it works with gifs and jpegs, at least).

I was thinking a chaos set with nothing but quick samples from Ministry and Skinny Puppy might be nice. :Evil or Very Mad: Of course, 'Kill... for the love of killing' every time you knock someone down might get a bit tedious, though... hmm...

What got me thinking of music was that you could replace the 'kick.wav' file with a team anthem. Presumably, it would start at every kick off and play until another sound went off. I'll try it myself and see what I come up with.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh never mind that bit about rename mp3s to *.wav

It just crashes the client.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it only works for .wavs right now. I actually have to read in the .wav file as a stream of bytes and keep it in memory. Then I just feed the bytes to the audio player whenever I want to have sound play. I also think the .wav file have to be the same sampling rate as the ones in the sounds dir.
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Warcraft II's sounds are all in .wav format. Would be perfect for those inclined to orcs.
 Jump to: