51 coaches online • Server time: 19:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hale

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I have no solution for this either, though I have the same problem. The concentration required for squinting at the screen clicking tiny squares within the tiny unsizeable client really detracts from the game's enjoyment level - so much so that it isn't even worth it for me to play.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? The client size is fine.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have enjoyed automove so much that I had forgotten that many of the hotkey-only moves don't work. When we first switched over, I wanted to still be able to do all my movement via keypad (force of habit, I was no Woodstock but I was quick with the movements). Since adapting to the mouse/automove combo, I'd largely given up on the hotkeys.

In addition, it would STILL be nice to have an option to end a player's move without having to click on it again. It's possibly my only beef with the interface of the client.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Talking about auto move. If a thrall is standing in/next to the end zone and your OFAB Vamp is planing on scoring, does the turn end when the vamp enters the end zone or can he move in the end zone towards the thrall so no turnover is caused?

Imagine a Vamp that is cornered by a bunch of DT Trees and the closest thrall is some steps away on the other side of the Treemen with no movemen but next to the endzone. The Tree luckily Took Root 2 steps from the endzone so the Vamp could walk through the endzone to the thrall. But is it possible in the client? WWAMD? What would Auto Move do?
Fela

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Metadone wrote:

- What if I have a change of heart during the move? Spectating any game, I know I'm not the only player who suddenly decide to alter his move midway.
Sorry but the mouse option is not my friend at all.

I'm not seeing how using shortcuts to take individual steps would help you there. Step take is step taken in the new client, there's no 'undo' option during a movement action. (AFAIR, anyway)

Sorry about not being able to help with the key-bind issues. Have you checked, if there is another program open that might cause a conflict?
Fela

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

Wouldn't that statement depend a LOT on the DPI value of your display? (IOWs be complete nonsense as a general statement without any further information)
Fela

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Talking about auto move. If a thrall is standing in/next to the end zone and your OFAB Vamp is planing on scoring, does the turn end when the vamp enters the end zone or can he move in the end zone towards the thrall so no turnover is caused?

Imagine a Vamp that is cornered by a bunch of DT Trees and the closest thrall is some steps away on the other side of the Treemen with no movemen but next to the endzone. The Tree luckily Took Root 2 steps from the endzone so the Vamp could walk through the endzone to the thrall. But is it possible in the client? WWAMD? What would Auto Move do?

AMWTTMTTEZA

Auto Move would try to move through the end zone anyway, it's what it does.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2011 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually not, and it has already been resolved, at least according to the bug database: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=337
On1

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

I guess this depends on your desktop resolution.

I had to lower mine to enjoy the gameplay Smile
 Jump to: