42 coaches online • Server time: 13:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2011 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know if its possible to play a test game with a team in the postgame sequence?
And if yes how do you do it?
Thanks.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2011 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure. Just use a play link such as http://fumbbl.com/ffb.jnlp?id=647978 , but replace the number after the "id=" part with the id number of your team. For example, the id number in that link is your nurgle team's id number. Then just do the usual thing, putting "test:" before the game name and join the game with another team (or have someone else join the game).
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2011 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers mate.
I've tried a few times but doesn't seem to work sadly.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2011 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Could it have something to do with your skeletons? I tried briefly, and I could get it to work fine with other teams but not your nurgle or Malmir's CDs (he also has a prize player).
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2011 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it must do, that's why I want to have the test game to make sure I have them.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2011 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimmy...
what kind of a test game are you trying to do?
What team or teams are you trying to play?

The test mode can be used to play any team on the site, including retired teams.

Also, you can do test games with other players teams...active or retired.

1) when you open a team...click on the address bar.
2) take the numbers at the end of that address and either write it down...put it in notebook..
3) on your home page (overview)...right click over one of the 'play' buttons and select 'copy shortcut'
4) paste that adress into your address bar.
5) replace the numbers at the end of this address with the numbvers that you copied from the team you wanted to use in the test mode....
6) Click Go...

The regular ID/Password/Game name appears...
your id should be autopopulated but if it isnt, enter that along with your password...
The game name has to be entered in a specific format so that the client recognizes what type of game it is.

You need to put the word test with a colon ( : )...immediately after the word test and then hit your spacebar once...
You can use whatever game name you prefer..testing, jimmy, fantastic...PPM is my hero thank you so much....

...now, you have one team loaded but you need to load another team following the previously mentioned steps but the second team playing can be played by you or by a buddy (The buddy will have to enter his own ID & Password but will use the same game name as you with the specific "test:(space) GameName"

I even hear you can load both teams (yours or other players) that are currently in a Tourney...

Very Happy
PPM
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2011 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Very comprehensive, thanks PPM!
I wanted to play a test game with Griefers to see if my skeletons are implemented yet, but it seems that they aren't and that's why I cant make the game.
Thanks for the help guys.