38 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The ranks are roughly based on the CRs of active coaches (ie, players who played at least one game relatively recently). The first 6 ranks (Rookie through Super Star) all have around 16% of the total number of coaches. The 7th rank (Legend) has the top 4% or so coaches in it.

Players with less than 5 ranked games played are automatically Rookies, and you need 10 games or more to go beyond experienced.

Your rank will only change after playing a ranked game, which in effect leads to the sizes of these brackets vary somewhat over time. You'll also see a person in a higher bracket than a coach with a higher CR. This is by design.

The exact details are not exactly relevant, and I will be monitoring how the system works overall as time goes by.

Don't want to be obtrusive or necro this, but it might be kinda cool to correlate ranks with the number of games played on top of the current system.

I. e., in order to unlock a higher rank for a certain ranking you'd not only would have to reach the brackets you've mentioned but also would have to have played as many games as SPPs would be needed for the respective player level.

Example 1: In order to be able to become an Experienced Ranked Lizardman coach, you'd need to have played at least 6 games with Lizardman in Ranked.

Example 2: You could only become a Veteran Blackbox coach, if you have played at least 16 games in the Box.

Example 3: You could only become an Emerging Star Combined Goblin coach, if you have played at least 31 games with Goblins (sum of Ranked + Blackbox)

Example 4: You could only become a Legend Combined coach if you have played at least 176 games (sum of Ranked + Blackbox).
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that suggestion. Even though I proudly show on my profile that I'm a legend with necros in the box after 3 or 4 games. Would be a very fluffy extension of the CR/title system.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Horrible idea IMO.

Why would you have to play 176 games to be a legend with a race? If you are consistently beating legends then you should be a legend. Not have to grind for another 100 games.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

He didn't say with a race; he said combined. I think he just means all of your games in B & R to be over 176 which is fair

koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
He didn't say with a race; he said combined. I think he just means all of your games in B & R to be over 176 which is fair

That also makes it pretty pointless too. If you can get to Legend in less than 176 then great. No reason to disallow it.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 03:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

whats with the dead horse from 2011?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

the thing Frank e stoon necked.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the game count for Legend might be a little extreme, but I like the general idea. Not much of a point in being a legend because you have a 10/0/0 record with a race, 3/4 of the wins being lucky.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Okay, the game count for Legend might be a little extreme, but I like the general idea. Not much of a point in being a legend because you have a 10/0/0 record with a race, 3/4 of the wins being lucky.

To do it in 10 games you'd probably have to have beaten 10 legends. Lucky or not seems fair enough to me.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how the system works exactly (and I'm too lazy too read up on it), I only know that I am a "legend" with necros in the box, having played only three games and a 2/1/0 record... I even have it on my coach page because I just find it hilarious. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Players with less than 5 ranked games played are automatically Rookies, and you need 10 games or more to go beyond experienced.

Maybe this could be extended to racial rankings as well.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:

In fact I also suggested that for racial rankings.

My reasoning: "Legend"-status would be that one special achievement (being top-notch level over a long period of time).
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My impression is that this is already the case for the first few matches.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Too many stars/super stars/legends around. Everyone is a star here. How is that?

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Nov 25, 2013 - 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

play more [L]eague
 Jump to: