17 coaches online • Server time: 03:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:

But why then would 1 game with a certain race go from starting at 150 to say 146 or so? Isn't that a large drop?

Basically, assuming we are still ELO based (think we are), there's the concept of uncertainty.

You can think of this like "stability". When you've played no games with a race, we just guess and say "you are about here, that's an average player", but your rating is very uncertain. As you play more games, the uncertainty decreases, as we have more data to place you with, until it settles down. The more uncertain the rating system is, the bigger swings you can get.

Added to this, is that tournament games are worth a lot "more", and so you can get a much bigger swing from playing in the offical tournaments. I think the Majors might have their own individual rankings; with the Fumbbl Cup being the one to affect you the most.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:

Added to this, is that tournament games are worth a lot "more", and so you can get a much bigger swing from playing in the offical tournaments. I think the Majors might have their own individual rankings; with the Fumbbl Cup being the one to affect you the most.

i thought this was changed long time ago? is it back?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It can't be a lot. Looking back at my recent tournament outcomes, the CR shift from game to game seems to be largely just based on TV and CR.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, hasn't anybody linked to the Rankings explained page yet? Rolling Eyes
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that is the old formula and it has since changed slightly though I could be wrong.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I believe that is the old formula and it has since changed slightly though I could be wrong.

Last update: July 9, 2008

this is wrong for sure
xarogobar

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, can't say if it's simply my fault or not...I'd like my general Ranking to be showed into my homepage instead of the simple Blackbox one (that actually I no longer play) but can't find the way to do that.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Xaro

I believe it's because you have played most of your games in Black Box. Coach Rank only refers to games played in R and B. If you have played most in Ranked it shows [R]. If you are pretty even in both it gives overall.

I think that's right?! There is no way to change it as far as I am aware. You can change the team CR though.
xarogobar

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Hi Xaro

I believe it's because you have played most of your games in Black Box. Coach Rank only refers to games played in R and B. If you have played most in Ranked it shows [R]. If you are pretty even in both it gives overall.

I think that's right?! There is no way to change it as far as I am aware. You can change the team CR though.

I see, wasn't just sure about how the shown overall ranking works. Thanks.
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yo. I yet have to play a box game (yeah /boo me or make a 800 TV team to play against my flings), yet my R and overall ranks don't match. Is there any reason to that?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

picker punishment Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 10:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Yo. I yet have to play a box game (yeah /boo me or make a 800 TV team to play against my flings), yet my R and overall ranks don't match. Is there any reason to that?

It's because your opponents have been playing in B, meaning their R and Overall rankings are not the same.
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

Jump to: