36 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Does it make him
Crafty
20%
 20%  [ 27 ]
An enormous hole?
79%
 79%  [ 105 ]
Total Votes : 132

GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Or we could have both. I think my idea is close to being harmless and can only help. I personally don't mind how long a game takes and have not once timed someone out, just thought it may help people having issues.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I always timeout and I'm always chatty. I guess I'm a bad guy Sad

<turboraton> arghhh
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

turboraton wrote:
I always timeout and I'm always chatty. I guess I'm a bad guy Sad

We always consider you the bad guy, whatever the situation turbo.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

GAZZATROT wrote:
A simple addition that I think can only help, is a small audible "Ping" or such noise to go off at the 3 Minute mark. Just in case someone has been dawdling or chatting away, so as to make the player go "ok, no talk, Focus, NOW!!"

Need a visual warning too as some play with no sound.

One advantage of Cyanide is that the clock is BIG. An option to have the clock superimposed on the pitch might help. Though I suppose it's more important there with their 2 minute turns.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate long turns and I hate long games. I recently opened a forum to try and get 2 min turn limits on FUMBBL but no one really seemed to care taht much.

However, I will tell someone after exceeding four minutes a couple of times they should hurry up a bit. If it continues I will time them out. I don't like doing it but I get very bored watching a screen that does nothing half the game. . .
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Belphegor wrote:
I hate long turns and I hate long games. .

Really? I wouldn't have guessed!

Belphegor wrote:

However, I will tell someone after exceeding four minutes a couple of times they should hurry up a bit. If it continues I will time them out.

Have you tried this in SWL yet?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
GAZZATROT wrote:
A simple addition that I think can only help, is a small audible "Ping" or such noise to go off at the 3 Minute mark. Just in case someone has been dawdling or chatting away, so as to make the player go "ok, no talk, Focus, NOW!!"

One advantage of Cyanide is that the clock is BIG. An option to have the clock superimposed on the pitch might help. Though I suppose it's more important there with their 2 minute turns.

I always though the CLOCK on the screen was ample warning....
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I was watching your fummbl cup game and was involved in the interesting discussion on ethics that arose around it. I took the position that timing someone out is an unsporting move. It's still not something that I would do personally, but if you did warn him twice then for me that is no longer unsporting, just your personal view/interpretation of the rules. Then it becomes more a case of more fool your opponent for not speeding up given they knew what would happen.

DukeTyrion wrote:
pythrr wrote:
BlizzBirne wrote:
i completely agree with the majority that this is bad style to do without warning,

Except in this case, HE DID warn him, twice, apparently.

pythrr, the_sage is talking about a game he played against a.n.other player. Not my game in the FC. It is somewhat co-incidental that the 2 issues have sprung up at the same time, but they are unrelated.

I think people know my stance on the matter. I never time people out who go AFK or such and I do warn people before timing them out, which I have done in the Blackbox and more recently the FC.

I used to play in a league where we played to the clock, which is probably why I play so fast on Fumbbl, but I also understand people not liking the time out rule. After all, I played without a DP on Fumbbl for several years (although I never had an issue with my opponent using one).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Talking about cyanides client. I found the time for 'setting up' was ridiculously short. I found setting up was chucking players anywhere, then looking at what would be best to sort out with the time I had left.

Possibly I was missing something, but it seemed most silly.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
koadah wrote:
GAZZATROT wrote:

Well, I always thought it isn't.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
pythrr wrote:
koadah wrote:
GAZZATROT wrote:

Smile good thing the rules are on my side then

Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Talking about cyanides client. I found the time for 'setting up' was ridiculously short. I found setting up was chucking players anywhere, then looking at what would be best to sort out with the time I had left.

Possibly I was missing something, but it seemed most silly.

given the retarded interface, i totally agree.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
koadah wrote:
pythrr wrote:
koadah wrote:
GAZZATROT wrote:

Smile good thing the rules are on my side then

Wink

Are they?

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, yes. Cos I can legally press timeout at 4 mins, thus the clock is a sufficient indicator of the 4 minutes running out.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Um, yes. Cos I can legally press timeout at 4 mins, thus the clock is a sufficient indicator of the 4 minutes running out.

Very funny. Does it feel good to be a dick all the time.

Jump to: