18 coaches online • Server time: 05:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
clarkin

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here's some roster suggestions. I've gone with 1.1 -> 1.2 mil on players etc, then 5-7 skillups added to that to try and produce slight variety in TVs.

Code:
"Deys Cheetin"
Goblins

130 Troll +guard
 160 Troll +break tackle, block
  70 Fanatic
 100 Pogoer +MA
  40 Looney
  40 Bombardier
  60 Goblin +side step
  60 Goblin +diving tackle
 240 6x Goblin

50 Apothecary
 240 4x Reroll
====

Code:
"Professional Prancers"
Pro Elf

130 Blitzer +dodge
 130 Blitzer +tackle
 120 Catcher +wrestle
 140 Catcher +dodge, block
 100 Catcher
 110 Thrower +sure hands, accurate
  80 Lineman +kick
 300 5x Lineman

50 Apothecary
 200 4x Reroll
====
Eldred

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance of making this a division where anyone could make a non-progression teams of a certain TV (say, 120) and play games with those teams repeatedly? You could go further and make different TV divisions (120, 150, 180, 210, whatever).

I think it would be a blast to play "build the better mousetrap" with teams of a given TV. Even whole tournaments could be staged around this "even footing" idea.

I realize this would be quite of bit of extra work to produce the interface that would allow coaches to create these teams, but I figure this is a good time to bring it up since you are looking at changes.

Just an idea.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Eldred wrote:
Any chance of making this a division where anyone could make a non-progression teams of a certain TV (say, 120) and play games with those teams repeatedly? You could go further and make different TV divisions (120, 150, 180, 210, whatever).

I think it would be a blast to play "build the better mousetrap" with teams of a given TV. Even whole tournaments could be staged around this "even footing" idea.

I realize this would be quite of bit of extra work to produce the interface that would allow coaches to create these teams, but I figure this is a good time to bring it up since you are looking at changes.

Just an idea.

That's gotta be a [L]eague idea.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 18:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Eldred wrote:
Any chance of making this a division where anyone could make a non-progression teams of a certain TV (say, 120) and play games with those teams repeatedly?

This is something I am planning for L.
Eldred

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Eldred wrote:
Any chance of making this a division where anyone could make a non-progression teams of a certain TV (say, 120) and play games with those teams repeatedly?

This is something I am planning for L.

That is pure awesome. Thanks Christer!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Non progression is the way imo, if they're bored......well they're ready to move on.

I think these semi skilled teams (6-10 skills per team) look about right, however I think it's important to cover every race.

I think I played more academy than most, and what I found is that most that come through, really don't know what they're doing (but half think they do).

At least half don't really want that much constructive criticism to be honest. Either they don't want to hear it or it's difficult to take in.

So I usually keep it to 2 points that need improving and 1 point they did well. Teams need to be built around this criteria I think.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

We need some more roster suggestions people!
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Non progression is the way imo, if they're bored......well they're ready to move on.

Move on to getting picked and timed out? Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Why non-progression? Progression is what this game is all about, no need to build 10-20 static teams. Let the newcomers build their own teams, that way they will learn more about the skills and how to use them best. With lrb6 teams don't need to be equal anymore.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:
Why non-progression? Progression is what this game is all about, no need to build 10-20 static teams. Let the newcomers build their own teams, that way they will learn more about the skills and how to use them best. With lrb6 teams don't need to be equal anymore.

Static template teams mean you can get started quickly and experienced coaches don't need to keep trimming/starting new teams. No team pimping either. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

And you don't have to leave a team behind that you might have learned to really like... I think it's a good idea. There are leagues like koadah's for rookie coaches that don't want to jump right into ranked/box (or that did and want to take a step back and learn more first).

(At least that's my impression.)

And you can always go back to acadamy to learn some more about certain tactics and don't have to build up a(nother) team to do so.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:

Not at all. The idea of static teams is to show them how the skills work, and what builds to work towards, instead of blindly choosing until you hit something good.

If they want to use progression teams whilst learning in academy, that's fine too. We have 3 divisions for that.

Non progression academy also eliminates the misuse as well.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you need some designer intent instead of just throwing around rosters. How many rosters are planned to be added to this new A ? I would think no more than maybe 4-7 pairs of teams should exist in there.

Some ideas:

Human + Orc (TV1000)
Stunty with fixed inducement vs something. (TV1000)
Dwarf vs Chaos Dwarf (TV1300) - guard, mb, po, claws, break tackle
Elf vs Some team (TV1600's?) The usual elven skills..
Chaos vs Some team Clawpomb.. (TV1800?)

Dont see why you'd need more than those ?
Eldred

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love any sort of competetive static league that allowed you to simply queue up like in Blackbox. Design a team of a given value and test it against others of the same value, either through random pairing (a la Box) or game invitation to test your mettle against a specific opponent.

I guess this suggestion isn't really about Academy in particular, I just want a static league with Box queuing if possible=)
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

nice idea.

I'm thinking simple is best since it's for those who have zero bloodbowl experience.

how about a template for each of the teams with:

all positionals and remainder linemen totalling 16 players
2 rerolls
apothecary (if available)

this will give just a teaser on how each team has its own flavor and style, and teach the basics about blocking, dodging, scoring, turnovers, fouling, passing etc.

once their appetite is wetted, they'll make a team in another division (perhaps an advertisement to the 145 club?) and begin to learn the advance strategies and skill selection.

The biggest problem in lrb4 academy was new coaches simply couldn't find a partner to play, so they went straight to [R] to learn the hard way.

so my other suggestion is to make academy similar to [B]ox. A coach 'activates' a team and bowlbot sends an advertisement to the chatrooms that a coach is wanting a game in academy. Once another coach activates, the game connects them. the newer coach can then rate the "teacher" and if the rating is poor, that coach loses their ability to activate.