49 coaches online • Server time: 20:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Since version 0.7.4 FFB has support for some "houserules" that may be activated by league comissioners in [L]. So far I have gotten little to no feedback on how well those options work and how much (or how subtly) they change the game overall. I am curious to hear about it ...

The options are:
1) Sneaky Git works as like Guard for fouling assists
2) +1 to the AV for a foul if the fouler is not in an opposing tackle zone
3) Right Stuff prevents Tackle from negating Dodge for Pow!
4) A player cannot use his skills that modify the Armour or Injury roll when using a Piling On re-roll
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2011 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

DFFL (basicly the German Leauge) is the biggest league I know that uses them.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps someone from one of those leagues that have the rules active could post his/her impressions?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Koadah have/had a league running with those rules.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2011 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

AFAIK the rules work fine. There may be an issue with the website though. After creating a tournament and applying settings the house rules may not always be applied at the first attempt. (or that may be user error Wink )

I haven't been playing in the league so someone else will have to comment on how they change the game.

My guess is not a great deal unless you are flings/gobbos running into dwarves. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

if you start a tournament, you can choose, which one should apply and which shouldn't. For each tournament there is a specific setting.
The new rules work - is there more to say? Take a look at "bb dffl teams" to see, how many different races are playing at this moment.

gan
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they work, but how do they CHANGE the game? How much effect is noticeable? How do the league memebers adapt their teams? What do you personally think of the fixes?
Emeric

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played a few (very few, one or two games i guess) with a 2-tackler norse team vs. stunties (halflings if i remember well). The game was closer than it would have been without, but that was not overpowered either.
In my opinion, for stunties that's good rules, that allow them to stay closer to other teams - they still are third tier teams, but closer.

There was also some multiple PO teams in the league, but i did not play against them.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just had a look at some of the DFFL teams. Curiously their TV is quite low all round, I'm not sure if there is a cap each season.

I only saw 2 'pombers', neither on teams doing very well. One team seemed to be built exactly how you would build normally, so maybe he isn't really aware of the rules.

I saw an orc team with 2 goblins, neither very skilled yet though. There was a dp, sneaky git hobgoblin that I saw. This was the only sneaky git. Generally though there was hardly any pile on. Though I did notice a lot of the basher teams still min maxed. One or 2 maxed out with journey men.

I also think they have more than average dps going around
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok the piling on is alot better and not over powered with the house rules, the right stuff skill does really help the stunty teams alot as it stops tackle.

sneaky git needs to be changed abit more as in house rules it can be used as a fouling assist even if in tackle zone but i dont think it works the other way around ie can assist defending his team mate.

Bringing back the +1 for fouling was also great PO players thought twice about using it and with sneaky git helping assists made it even more risky for them to use PO

I was in the house rules league for a few seasons
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Keith-Lemon wrote:
Ok the piling on is alot better and not over powered with the house rules, the right stuff skill does really help the stunty teams alot as it stops tackle.

sneaky git needs to be changed abit more as in house rules it can be used as a fouling assist even if in tackle zone but i dont think it works the other way around ie can assist defending his team mate.

Bringing back the +1 for fouling was also great PO players thought twice about using it and with sneaky git helping assists made it even more risky for them to use PO

I was in the house rules league for a few seasons

Is this really usable as feedback? This isn't a dig a you Keith, but these claims are exactly the ones I could make, based on what I would THINK was the outcome, even if I had no actual experience with them - which I don't.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if he has seen the changes in action at least his feedback has more to back it up.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's not get into arguments guys!!! I think with my observations and Keith's feedback 'sneaky git' appears to be the weakest of the changes. However feedback from some DFFL guys (MOUSE GLARE) would certainly be more productive.
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I ran a small league with these rules - as a result, the stunty teams did pretty well, though that might have had something to do with the coaching, and the title-chasing Chaos Dwarfs suffered the ignominy of losing to both Gobbos and Flings.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2011 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies for bumping a month old thread. I don't have a lot of personal experiences to share (apart from that one time I beat Dwarfs with Goblins), but I pulled 868 DFFL games from the API. The stats should be correct if every team currently in the DFFL group has only played games with the rule options enabled. It's a small dataset compared to the number of races, so results may be inaccurate.

Here's a table of the results. Dwarfs are at the top, although that might be because most of the games were played with both teams below 1600 TV. 60% overall, 40 out of 64 for the Dwarfs specifically.
 Jump to: