41 coaches online • Server time: 17:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Belphegor

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think this game needs a two minute option for the turn limit.

Nothing personal to anyone I have played, but not everyone wants to sit around for one and a half hours watching players be selected and unselected with five second gaps in between.

If people need the full four minutes, that's fair enough. However I find it very boring watching a screen doing nothing for half of the game!!

Cyanide has a two minute turn option, even an eighty second option I believe.

Too bad Cyanide sucks.

Am I alone in this?!

Who else wants to bash out a quick game and find something else to do - or even find another game?

HELP!
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

30secs per turn... go play SFC... But no. This won't be implemented in R or B.
Maybe as an option for League at most.
Belphegor

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Who said 30 seconds? I clearly stated two minutes here.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It was just an example.. 2 minutes is way too much. A match shouldnt take longer then 30min... we should play some time Wink
Belphegor

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I thought you disagreed with me sorry.

I take about a minute unless I really have to think. Never more than two. I hate having to time people out but when the whistle blows on four minutes every second turn I am finding it hard to stay awake.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe no worries Wink

Even when I played table top my games were done within an hour... and I only played dwarfs Very Happy
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So you just played a slow player and got beat. Twisted Evil

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes lag gets in the way of a speedy game. My previous game today for example. Every time I wanted to select a player it took 5 seconds to select. Then after choosing an action 5 seconds to perform that action. Then 5 more seconds to end that players turn. Without taking any time to think at all each turn was already pushing 55 seconds. Select the wrong player once and that adds 10 seconds to the turn. Want to check how many dice a certain Block will be... that'll be 10 more seconds. And so on.

I could play every turn I have ever faced in 2 minutes if I didn't have to deal with lag. But I cannot control when I will have lag and when I will not have lag. I also cannot control how complex or how simple the set of decisions I will be facing from turn to turn. Players must think about the game very differently if they are facing Elves instead of Humans, or Lizardmen instead of Slann, or Orcs instead of Ogres. And then what about Noobs? Whether they are noobs to the game of Blood Bowl... or noobs with the kind of team they are using... or noobs facing the kind of team you are using.

4 minute turns say the rules. Get used to it. Games should last an hour on average. Sometimes they go faster. Sometimes they go longer. I always find something productive to do when playing a slow player. Organize your sock drawer or something mundane like that.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Belphegor wrote:
Who said 30 seconds? I clearly stated two minutes here.

Woodstock is notoriously fast.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

as in really fast.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ask his girlfriend. he is.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The Speed Freaks Challenges were always fun. 1 Minute turns Very Happy
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

FFB supports this via game options. Not sure if Christer makes this a choice when starting a tournament in [L] yet, but should not be hard to do. I will also add a flag to force timeouts (instead of making the opponent click on a button).
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it an option in R tournaments as well?
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is available as a tournament option for L. In the official tournaments, we stick to the normal 4 minute limit.
 Jump to: