48 coaches online • Server time: 18:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So, what do you use when judging who you will play in Stunty League?
Straight TR
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
TR adjusted for players that will miss the game
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Straight SR
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Something else entirely (please describe)
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In Open and DivX, most people set up games by finding teams that are roughly equal to them in strength rating (SR) factoring in any handicap rolls that may accrue due to team rating (TR).

However, in Stunty League, SR is a very poor indicator of team strength, as it doesn't count some secret weapons at all, and others it counts as if they weren't secret weapons.

So, what do you use when judging who you will play in Stunty League?
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I use both and then look at their roster, I.E if both Tr and Str are fairly close (+/- 20) then I look at their roster and dacide what my chances are, so long as it doesn't look like I'll get well and truly caned I play, if I have a bad feeling about it I wont.

This is the same method I use for all my games.

(not quite sure what happened there, feel free to delete that second post)

Last edited by Jarnageddon on %b %02, %2004 - %00:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey wrote:
I use both and then look at their roster, I.E if both Tr and Str are fairly close (+/- 20) then I look at their roster and dacide what my chances are, so long as it doesn't look like I'll get well and truly caned I play, if I have a bad feeling about it I wont.

This is the same method I use for all my games.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to use them only as the barest of guidelines.

Then I look at the actual team usually. My gnome team is a good example. They've been very fortunate on the injury front, so they've got a wad of cash. This shunts up their rating, but they are a rather lame team IMO. This could be gnome teams in general though.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as they are not Gnomes... I usually play them. Don't usually look to close at either the TR or SR in Stunty Div.

~R~
clockbob

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

in stunty i use tr as a preliminary tool for finding games, but to be sure its always a god idea to check the team roster. many times in stunty there can be a time when a lot of the spp are on certain players and the team isnt as good as the tr suggests.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

for me, i feel that any team can be competitive vs any TR/TS in stunty. I had a brand new snotling team go to the IST finals ( those were that team's first 3 games ) i've also had several low TR/TS teams win decidedly against teams with over 100 TR/TS higher than me on a regular basis. I guess what it boils down to really is luck though...if you feel lucky it doesn't matter.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason Luck plays a major factor in Stunty is the low armor (and the +1 to injury) it means that if you get lucky half your opponents team can be bashed off the pitch while your own team is relatively unscathed, however always check your opponents roster to make sure he doesnt have lots of killer skills
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Like Styx says, if it's Stunty I pretty much just play them (within reason...) Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
 Jump to: