41 coaches online • Server time: 12:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually play with norses. My runners have dauntless hability, but i dont know how to use it against enemies strongers than runners.

Does anyone know how it works?

thanks! Smile
Kelkka

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It works automatically. Just block stronger opponent and you see the dauntless roll on the left side in log.
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answer!

Can i see previously the dauntless roll value to know if i will block with the same strenght of my enemy?

Last edited by lordnovillo on Dec 18, 2011 - 23:58; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All dice rolls are shown, however you'll get a popup if you have rerolls left. If you don't, then your opponent gets to choose the dice.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

lordnovillo wrote:
Can i see previously the dauntless roll value to know if i will block with the same strenght of my enemy?

If I understand your question correctly, you would perhaps like to change your decision of blocking with regard the Dauntless roll. This however is not possible as per rules: you declare the throwing of a block and then see with Dauntless what your blocking stregth is. That is why there are no queries regarding the Dauntless skill: you can only decide to block or not to block before checking if Dauntless works or not.

Hope this was of use to you! Smile
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

understood !! thank you very much!

For example: if I have 1 runner(with dauntless) and 1 lineman against someone of strengt 4. I decide to block it with my runner. The program will show me 1D6 yellow to block, but if i do it, and get favoured dauntless roll, i will block with 2D6 green Smile Is that correct?
Tzij

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That is correct.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

lordnovillo wrote:
understood !! thank you very much!

For example: if I have 1 runner(with dauntless) and 1 lineman against someone of strengt 4. I decide to block it with my runner. The program will show me 1D6 yellow to block, but if i do it, and get favoured dauntless roll, i will block with 2D6 green Smile Is that correct?

Correct. It will always show you the block without the potential of dauntless succeeding.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, indeed. You will automatically also then throw the block as the rules say. If Dauntless failed and you are 3+1 vs 4, there will be only 1 block die and if it succeeded there will be two to choose from, as you are 4+1 vs 4.

The other example is st 3 dauntless + 1 assist vs st 5. On Dauntless roll of 3+ there will be two dice for the blocker to choose from (st 5 + 1 vs 5) and if the Dauntless roll failed, there will be two block dice for the blocked to choose from (3+1 vs 5).

Ah, one thing you can also make note of: it is possible to use the team Re-Roll or Pro to reroll the Dauntless roll. Of course, then you cannot use that reroll or pro for the block dice.
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thank you very much!
 Jump to: