40 coaches online • Server time: 14:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually play with norses. My runners have dauntless hability, but i dont know how to use it against enemies strongers than runners.

Does anyone know how it works?

thanks! Smile
Kelkka

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It works automatically. Just block stronger opponent and you see the dauntless roll on the left side in log.
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answer!

Can i see previously the dauntless roll value to know if i will block with the same strenght of my enemy?

Last edited by lordnovillo on Dec 18, 2011 - 23:58; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All dice rolls are shown, however you'll get a popup if you have rerolls left. If you don't, then your opponent gets to choose the dice.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

lordnovillo wrote:
Can i see previously the dauntless roll value to know if i will block with the same strenght of my enemy?

If I understand your question correctly, you would perhaps like to change your decision of blocking with regard the Dauntless roll. This however is not possible as per rules: you declare the throwing of a block and then see with Dauntless what your blocking stregth is. That is why there are no queries regarding the Dauntless skill: you can only decide to block or not to block before checking if Dauntless works or not.

Hope this was of use to you! Smile
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2011 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

understood !! thank you very much!

For example: if I have 1 runner(with dauntless) and 1 lineman against someone of strengt 4. I decide to block it with my runner. The program will show me 1D6 yellow to block, but if i do it, and get favoured dauntless roll, i will block with 2D6 green Smile Is that correct?
Tzij

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That is correct.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

lordnovillo wrote:
understood !! thank you very much!

For example: if I have 1 runner(with dauntless) and 1 lineman against someone of strengt 4. I decide to block it with my runner. The program will show me 1D6 yellow to block, but if i do it, and get favoured dauntless roll, i will block with 2D6 green Smile Is that correct?

Correct. It will always show you the block without the potential of dauntless succeeding.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, indeed. You will automatically also then throw the block as the rules say. If Dauntless failed and you are 3+1 vs 4, there will be only 1 block die and if it succeeded there will be two to choose from, as you are 4+1 vs 4.

The other example is st 3 dauntless + 1 assist vs st 5. On Dauntless roll of 3+ there will be two dice for the blocker to choose from (st 5 + 1 vs 5) and if the Dauntless roll failed, there will be two block dice for the blocked to choose from (3+1 vs 5).

Ah, one thing you can also make note of: it is possible to use the team Re-Roll or Pro to reroll the Dauntless roll. Of course, then you cannot use that reroll or pro for the block dice.
lordnovillo

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thank you very much!
 Jump to: