19 coaches online • Server time: 07:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the usage of the Fanatic be forbidden?
Stop whining; let him spin and roll. I'll get him anyway.
84%
 84%  [ 42 ]
Please; send him to the corner and do not move him.
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Who? Never heard of that. Is it eatable?
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 50

Urrghs

Post 22 Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Dear Fumbblers (and Admins),

I have got some questions regarding the Goblin's Ball and Chain guy. As you know, so far he is not implemented correctly (ST7 guy right now - no negative skills except "No Hands" and "Secret Weapon").

For a long time I did not have a Goblin team since there are so many things missing so far. But then some recent time ago the Goblin XFL was recruiting....so I thought that since there everyone would suffer from the same missing implementations, I could dare a try.

So I made a team and have send it into the tournament. I did not buy a Fanatic, because I considered him as a misimplementation. Then during the first game I learned that my oppo had one. And later I saw that most of the teams had one of those int heir rosters; and they use them. So, I considered it as a common thing and bought one, too. Now, after the XFL I have played an oppo today who was quite surprised when I blocked him with the Fanatic; he considered him as a bug, which should not be exploited. Using him would be against the Fumbbl rules. I must say; somehow I can understand. So, now...what is Fumbbl's official statement towards this issue? Can we use him? And if yes, are the coaches here really aware of this? Because if not, then from now on anytime I get offered a game I would have to state that I have a Fanatic and I would use him.

I hope you share some of your thoughts about this here.

Cya on pitch,

Urrghs
Juff

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's allowed in majors, I'd confidently hazard a guess that it's allowed anywhere on site.

As to whether it *should* be allowed, meh, I'm ambivalent.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

While it's true that you have full control of the fanatic, there is a downside. With ball & chain, you can't control his movement, but you get to throw multiple blocks (maybe) and you get to move and block without using your blitz for the turn. Without ball & chain, you only get one block and you can't move and block without using your blitz, so it's a tradeoff. In my opinion, the downside evens out with the upside so it should be acceptable to use the fanatic.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

As the XFL Goblin winner I can comment on this topic with absolute authority. My word on Gobbos is LAW! (Right? That's how the XFL works isn't it?)

Anyway, Fanatic is allowed even if not implemented correctly, and you can tell anyone who complains to 'Get over it, you're playing Goblins you damn Picker'.

[We can say damn can't we? Ban-hammer pending?]

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

emo

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

agree with sigmar1
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

highelfmage wrote:
agree with sigmar1

+1

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

would be nice if the rest of the missing skills/weapons got implemented soon

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:

I said that word in IRC and got kicked for it, I will be seeing if action is taken on this matter Laughing
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Keith-Lemon wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:

I said that word in IRC and got kicked for it, I will be seeing if action is taken on this matter Laughing

By whom? Let me guess, bowlbot. You need to stop this perennial
admin/rules/fumbbl witchhunt, KL.

There have been a few forum topics on this before (one answered by admins which I can't find now). There were plenty though, if you did a search, would have given you the idea it was ok.

For instance:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20683&highlight=goblin+fanatic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Keith-Lemon wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:

Red card Ref!!!!

aw.... /whine
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="harvestmouse"][quote="Keith-Lemon"]
Sigmar1 wrote:

There have been a few forum topics on this before (one answered by admins which I can't find now). There were plenty though, if you did a search, would have given you the idea it was ok.

For instance:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20683&highlight=goblin+fanatic

Hmm; by the way..... Where can I find the search function for the forum. I do not see it any more; probably I am blind. However, the last time I have used it (some time before) it did not work. Whatever I typed in, it did not show any results.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If you hover over the 'Forum' tab, there are 4 sub-tabs; Index, Search, Usergroups and Profile
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm; ?? Hover over the tab? There is nothing there.....is this something depending on the design style you use?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say you got pretty unlucky. Firstly lucked out in that you didn't take one in XFL, and then had somebody who refused to play you when you did buy one.

Here is the forum search function:

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=search

Anyway, we didn't really see it as our business getting involved in. The site lets you buy one, the client doesn't let you use him as he should be used at the moment. So while you can, abuse the hell out of him, and if somebody connects to a game then starts whining, give it a good MUAHUAHUAHUA.
 Jump to: